🚖 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 🚖

Darkness consumed (Y/n)'s vision - an abnormal sensation of sour tingling to each of her fingertips as a feeling of cold clutched at her chest.

Pain clawed at her skull as a hand raised to massage her forehead, although she could barely feel a thing as the touch occurred.

She winced as a wounding flame burnt up her spine, as though she had landed somewhere with a sudden thump.

(Y/n) heard nothing but her own hyperventilation in the darkness of her view, her eyes remaining screwed shut in panic.

"(Y/n)?"

A voice cried out, tempting (Y/n) to peek out to wherever she had landed. All she could remember was leaping into the portal before everything crumbled into tenebrosity.

The feeling to her fingertips slowly returned, stabs of pain tickling at them as she could imagine that her hand was grasping her head.

"(Y/n)!"

She heard it again, this time against a tone of panic rather than curiosity. A sweet and innocent voice. A voice she knew she could trust...

Gummi...

(Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes fluttered open, the first thing her stinging vision encountered being her bare feet lying out before her against what appeared to be wooden planks.

She shook her head, rising her aching skull so her blurry vision could focus.

Gummi came into view, a smile subconsciously crawling across her face as soon as she saw him. He stood before her, panic flooding his azure gaze as his hands gripped her shoulders.

A beaming smile crossed his face as he noticed (Y/n) was okay.

"You're awake!" Gummi happily stated.

"I think so..." (Y/n) replied sleepily, vision still a little blurred from the past few minutes as she shook her head a final time.

She felt a little heat rising to her cheeks as Gummi's hands slid back from her shoulders, her (e/c) eyes scanned the landscape of where she had landed once everything focused.

A sound of crashing tickled her ears as she noticed a deep blue sea surrounding the planks of wood creating the surface she sat on. What appeared to be a ship chugged by the further side, whistling as it released puffs of smoke into the otherwise crystal clear sky and sweet scented air.

(Y/n) continued to examine what surrounded herself and Gummi - a cityscape disappearing into the dusky distance as hundreds of buildings cluttered the remainer of what she could see. She squinted just to be able to make out a turquoise figure deep into the stretch of the see, adding to her confusion.

"Where are we?" (Y/n) questioned, a deep breath overflowing with panic escaping afterwards.

"I'm not sure." Gummi honestly replied, looking around himself as his cerulean gaze also examined their surroundings.

"There's only one way to find out!" He happily continued, his bare feet quickly caressing the wooden surface that poked out into the sea as he appeared to be eagerly heading for the futuristic buildings.

"Gummi, wait!" (Y/n) called out in a panic, leaping from the floor to catch up with her yearning crush.

Her paws came to a standstill seconds later as that same buzzing sound returned, attacking her eardrums as her fingers became stuffed inside them to block it out.

She'd heard enough of that for one day...

Gummi also came to an abrupt stop, one foot remaining raised from the ground as the other swirled by the heel.

"Dave!" He suddenly cried, much to (Y/n)'s confusion.

To treat her uncertainty, she too turned back around to face the widespread body of water. The ship that neighboured the planks that jutted out into the ocean rattled, the source of the irritating humming becoming visible as the swirling turquoise shape reappeared.

Dave came storming through, the ship shaking as he lept from its deck onto the planks of wood to join his recognisable companions.

Gummi smiled from ear to ear, scrambling up a crimson leg of his tyrannosaurus friend as soon as he became close enough to do so.

"Come on, (Y/n)!" He cried, a hand grasping hers before dragging her in the same direction.

(Y/n) let out a small shriek, a mixture of panic and surprise combining into a single sound as everything felt like it was happening all at once.

Before she knew it, her arms were wrapped around Gummi's waist to secure her position against their prehistoric companion's back. His tale brushed the wooden ground in excitement before the sound of thumping vibrated up his body as he sped off into the distance.

(Y/n) continued to shake her head, to bring herself together after the muddle of events within the past few minutes and to compose herself as she felt Gummi's fluffy attire tickling her fingertips.

She turned to see the wood jutting out into the sea disappear, as well as the portal bringing Dave to the same mysterious location as herself and Gummi. She soon became distracted by their surroundings as they approached the city.

Towering buildings cast dappling shadows across the tarmac creating the roads flowing between the depths of the futuristic streets. (Y/n) was astounded yet perplexed by the chaos that appeared to be bustling within the intriguing setting as Dave's clawed crimson feet scraped into the road. She squinted to see the same saffron coloured car that had made its way into their prehistoric world appearing across the roads spreading into the distance multiple times. Dots slowly connected in her thoughts, that they had been transported to the same place as Dave in his previous journey.

Dave eventually came to a stop, panting like an exhausted dog as Gummi took (Y/n)'s hand upon his back. His tyrannosaurus companion's crimson leg became a ladder as Gummi scaled down it with (Y/n) still in his grip.

(Y/n) held her cheeks in her hands as she felt a fire burning inside, her other hand remained clasped into Gummi's.

"So... where are we?" She questioned once more, paws meeting the ground as her fingers slipped apart from Gummi's, begging to finally secure an answer.

"Not sur-" Gummi began as he also returned to the ground, sentence of hesitancy beginning until something snapped it in half.

(Y/n) giggled as she turned to see something that had flown straight into Gummi's face through what felt like the temperature of late winter winds, his hands hastily attempting to remove it as it crumpled within his grip.

As it peeled off, he held it in his hands for a few moments to examine its content. It appeared to be a greyscale stack of paper, all neatly held in place by one another. Each sheet contained hundreds of miniscule letters delicately printed in deep black ink.

Gummi squinted at the opening page, (Y/n) soon leaning over his shoulder to feed her curiosity.

"New York Times?" She read aloud, confusion and surprise flowing through her voice.

"February 25th 2022?" Gummi added.

"Wait..." they both exclaimed in unison.

"We're in the future!?"