⏰ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ⏰

The ground rumbled. Rumbled like a volcano was trapped within the burning core of the Earth and was desperate to release tsunamis of lava between the cracks in the city's roads. It was like an earthquake was occurring with the power to shake the planet from its axis and send it hurtling into the depths of the universe.

Everything except the shaking ground came to a standstill. The flow of cars and other vehicles stopped dead as the road vibrated, preventing them from going any further without being toppled to the side.

Cracks within the ground grew wider and deeper by the second, slithering under the feet of innocent citizens as the crowd swarming around Gummi evacuated to safety.

Buildings began to shake, sounding as though they could become demolished at any second, nothing but rubble flooding the roads. The towering constructions to allow society to live in peace began to crack at their connection to the paving of the ground, the buildings crumbling away as they disintegrated to the roads.

Gummi stumbled towards the gang, bare feet only just avoiding the cracks that continued to slither within the pavement.

"What's going on!?" He shrieked over the bellowing sound of the Earth's breakages.

"Our presence is destroying time, Gummi, we need to get out of here before the planet breaks into millions of microscopic pieces and drifts away into the depths of the unive-" Harry began, Kala's clawed paw preventing any more scientific explanation spilling out.

"WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!" She screamed, grabbing Harry before he collapsed once more and darting back to where the whole adventure began.

Gummi turned to see the billboards with his face plastered across them crumbling away as the towering buildings began to wobble. He followed his friends, panic pounding through the increased heartbeat in his chest. He could hear nothing but screams and his own pounding heart ringing in his ears, becoming desperate for whatever this catastrophe was to come to an end.

(Y/n) was close behind Harry and her sister, paws against the cracking pavement slowing down as she realised Gummi wasn't behind her. She turned to see him staring at the broken billboards, speeding back towards him without a second thought about her own safety.

Gummi shrieked as (Y/n) dragged him away from the crumbling buildings. The fingers of their hands intertwined as they sat comfortably within one another.

(Y/n) could feel the heat rising to her chest and cheeks once again, but thinking nothing of it. Her priority was to save Gummi, not contemplate her obvious feelings for him again.

Buildings began to topple over, plummeting into the cracked ground as they smashed into the depths of the rubble. People scurried away, evacuating the devastation impacting their beloved city.

Gummi and (Y/n) followed Kala and Harry to the harbour they appeared in. Familiar sounds of humming returned to attacking (Y/n)'s pointed ears, the colour of aquamarine as a swirling portal hovering above the wooden platform.

The four friends darted for the portal, Dave the dinosaur reappearing moments later. Their prehistoric friend's enormous crimson feet rattled the ground, disappearing into the turquoise abyss before anyone else.

Although the city of New York was practically crumbling to pieces, news reporters with those stick shaped devices continued to chase Gummi. (Y/n) rolled her eyes as she turned to see them, just managing to escape the disintegrating buildings.

(Y/n) saw her sister and Harry become swallowed up by the beaming aqua light, planning to immediately follow until something brought herself and Gummi to a stop.

"Sorry, homies, I gotta go!" Gummi announced to the futuristic humans that had managed to crawl from the rubble to continue crowding around their historical idol.

Screams of yearning to see more of the little green bear echoed from the crowds, a frown becoming carved into the face that always held a smile.

(Y/n) kept her fingers lightly intertwined with Gummi's, tugging him a little so his desire to receive the most attention he could ever imagine wouldn't take him over.

"Can we just hear it one more time!?" Voices from the swarm of people shrieked.

Gummi smirked, winking his azure eyes towards the screaming crowds.

"I'm a Bangaman."

He cheekily waved goodbye with confidence as (Y/n) dragged him into the hovering swirl of turquoise light that illuminated the darkened rubble spilt across the ground.

Gummi smiled at the pastel green statute that remained in the distance of the sea, one of the only things that hadn't or wasn't currently crumbling into nothing.

He allowed the darkness within the portal swallow him up like it was the last thing he would ever do, knowing that it was right while calling one final message to his die-hard fans.

"Stay sweet, homies."