Chapter 20

OH, by the way, I cried when I made this chapter. I don't know if you'll also do. -grins-

"Everlasting Requiem"

Akashi was the first one who went out of the car after they arrived in front of the burnt house and approached the two bodies which laid on the ground few meters away from the white house.

"I'll take care of Kentarou." Kamura Hideki offered.

"Tetsuya!" The heterochromatic-eyed yelled as he shook the teal-head phantom player awake. "Tetsuya!"

He looked at the ground and found that they're surrounded with pool of blood.

"Tetsuya!" He shouted.

Kuroko Tetsuya slowly opened his eyes and then smiled. "S-Sei-kun?"

"Tetsuya."

"Funny, I think this happened before..."

"That called dejavu." He pointed out.

Kuroko snorted silently and then touched Akashi's cheek with a hand wrapped with blood. "But this time, the difference is...it really is my time."

"I order you not to say that, Tetsuya." He snarled.

"Just accept it, Sei-kun...I'll never open my eyes again...but still I want you to be happy...Find someone else...someone who'll stay with you until you die." Tetsuya murmured.

"Quit kidding."

"I'm always serious, you know that." Kuroko replied and then gave the sweetest, most innocent, warmest and gentlest smile he could manage. "I...I love you, Sei-kun. I'll always stay beside you...G-Goodbye..." He whispered and then closed his eyes. And his hand fell on his side.

Akashi's eyes widened and then he touched the teal-head's hand. It's cold. "Tetsuya?"

No more reply.

"Tetsuya, I command you to open your eyes!"

Still no response.

No, please, no... He begged. His Tetsuya is...gone?

"Tetsuya!" He cried out loud as his tears dropped into the phantom player's face.

"Aka-chin." Murasakibara called out as he bent down and placed a hand on the red-head's shoulder. "Do you want us to go to the hospital now?"

Akashi wiped his tears, stood up and looked at Aomine. "Daiki, carry Tetsuya to the backseat; I'll accompany him there. Make Dad and Tetsuya carry Kentarou and Helden Nomaki at their car instead or I might kill him."

Aomine squatted and carefully lifted the teal-head's body. "Tetsu, don't you dare die without our permission! And we will never give you permission to die, so wake up." He snapped in a whisper and opened the backseat door of the Akashi's automatic van and placed Kuroko in the backseat, his head on top of Akashi's lap as the latter held it with care.

He took the teal-head's cold hand and held it tightly against his chest. "Stay alive, Tetsuya. Stay alive."

His eyes widened a fraction when Kuroko's hand suddenly moved -very slowly and weakly though-and squeezed his hand. Akashi looked down at the teal-head and saw that Kuroko's lips twitched upwards then his lips formed a small smile as a drop of tear fell on his cheek.

~LFMH021~

Kise and Aomine arrived with two plastics full of different kind of juices which they bought through the vending machine at the second floor of the hospital where both Kuroko and Kentarou were brought to.