Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight:

“It’s so cold outside!” Kise complained as he removed his boots after he came inside his house.

There was no reply from the blue-head boy who came in first ahead of him.

“Aominecchi, are you still angry at me because of yesterday~?” Kise mumbled, closing the door behind him as he tossed his bag in floor beside the door.

The blue-head still didn’t reply, sat in his house’s couch, placed the socket in the plug, and lastly clicked ‘On’ in the remote.

“Aominecchi! If you’re just going to ignore, why did you ask me to come here?” Kise grunted, pouting as he strangled the ace’s neck from behind.

“…Ungh! Kise, stop it, you idiot!” Aomine grumbled and struggled.

“No. Not until you’ll stop ignoring me! We’ve revealed a lot at Seirin yesterday—do you have any ideas how to help Kurokocchi? Stop ignoring me! And we’re still not done about yesterday—why won’t you hear me?!” Kise growled and pulled Aomine’s hair in annoyance.

“I said, stop it!” The blue-head snapped, stood up and pushed the yellow-head away.

The latter fell butt first on the floor. He tried to stand up but his legs trembled and he fell again. 

“That’s what you get for not listening to me.” Aomine mumbled, although feeling guilty, stood his ground and was about to sit again. But he stopped in mid-motion when he heard a sob.

His eyes widened and he turned. He gulped upon seeing tears drop on the floor where Kise is. “Ki—“

“Aominecchi, you meanie, you stupid, idiotic meanie…” Kise muttered, still sobbing. He lifted his head and looked back at the blue-head with tearful eyes.

The latter couldn’t help but to approach the copycat and kneel beside him. “Come on, Kise. Stand up already, and will you stop crying already?”

“B-But Aominecchi’s angry at me. I hate it when I make you angry. And worse, you won’t listen to what I’m trying to say. I hate being ignored by you. I hate it. I’m so sorry about yesterday, that was what I have always wanted to say. P-Please, listen to me, Aominecchi.” Kise cried as he wiped his tears away but more just continue to fall in his cheeks.

Aomine sighed before raising Kise’s chin. He poked the latter’s forehead. “I’m not angry at you. I’m angry at the thought of you being kissed by that bastard.”

“Kasamatsu-senpai…he…he murmured the words: ‘I like you’ before he did that. I pushed him away once saying that I am already…yours, but with blushing cheeks he explained why…why he has liked me. He said it was because of my friendliness, the way I do not judge other people, the way I show who and what I really feel, and the way that I always smile even how big my problem is. He said that I never hated him and that is what he likes about me. Of course, I was surprised…and happy about the words he murmured. Before I could even utter a word, he pulled me into a hug. I repaid him…it was just a hug, I thought. But then, his eyes suddenly snapped somewhere; he narrowed his eyes then forced his lips into mine. It was like he didn’t want to let me go. I couldn’t push him away…I couldn’t, so I had no choice but to comply until he stopped. That’s when you opened the door and dragged me away. I know you were angry and I hated it. I hated the thought that you hate me so much you—“

Kise’s sentence was cut off Aomine suddenly pulled his face near to his and then the blue-head’s tongue licked the remaining drops of tears in his eyes. “I said it before. I can never hate you, Kise. Never.”