Honorable Bard... A Warrior? {P2}

(GET READY FOR EXTREME ANGST!!)

TW: THIS INCLUDES MENTIONS OF DEATH/PASSING AND WAR!!

This AU is about after all the gnosis from the 7 archons are collected and all 7 nations are instructed to have war against Celestia. This is a part of the theory that I'll link twice! Hope y'all enjoy!

(link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGkm6fNnZiA&ab_channel=Wei%F0%9F%94%85)

{Part 2/3}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(btw: I'm so sorry for not posting lately, I've been really busy! Hope you enjoy these next few chapters though! ❤ if you have any suggestions or want to see me write something on your mind, please comment it in "suggestions"! Ty!)

VENTI POV

Venti ran his hand through his hair, feeling a bit nervous. He took a deep breath, holding his bow in one hand. The sky was dark, with not many stars insight from the approaching clouds that whispered about storms. 

Venti's head was filled with many different thoughts. About what would happen. Whether he should take the high ground or go to the front field. But, specifically, Xiao.

Xiao. What would happen to him? Zhongli said that all the Adepti would be fighting for Liyue, but that meant that he could in danger. Xiao was especially worried for Venti, so Venti immediately had the thought of Xiao not being able to focus in battle.

*DISCLAIMER: EVERYONE THAT CAN FIGHT (like the Knights of Favonious for Monstadt and the Millileth for Liyue) ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FIGHTING, NOT JUST THE ARHONS*

Venti thought of Xiao lying on the ground, blood splattered on the ground, his eyes closed. A sword through his head. Venti almost started to sob before he shook his head to shake the thought away. 

That wouldn't happen, not on Venti's and Zhongli's watch. The least thing Venti could do to help Xiao was to make sure he made out of this war alive. He was precious to Venti. If anything were to happen to him, then Venti might just break.

Even the thought of it made the atmosphere around Venti darken.

Venti stood on the edge of a cliff where he could see the whole battlefield. He could already sense fire and war breaking out. It wasn't his time to head into the field, but still, it bothered him so much that it pained him.

As he thought to himself for the next couple of moments, the sounds of footsteps approached him.

He turned around slowly. Xiao stood there behind him, a sad look on his face. "Xiao!" Venti exclaimed, rather surprised. Xiao nodded in a hello. Unexpedectly, Xiao approached him. Venti cocked his head, not sure what Xiao was going to do. Nothing bad, of course, but he was confused.

Xiao took Venti's hand in his and laid his head on Venti's shoulder. Venti was surprised. He flinched a bit but allowed Xiao to find comfort on his shoulder. He kissed Xiao on the forehead. "You're adorable, you know that?" Venti whispered with a smile. Xiao didn't respond, clutching Venti's hand only tighter.

The silence was enough for Venti to understand that Xiao felt worried for him. Venti chuckled, resting his head gently on Xiao's. "You mustn't always think of me with worry, darling. I can take on a battle on my own. I'm an archon, remember?" 

Xiao stuttered. "Th- That doesn't change how much I care for you..." Xiao said sadly. "I'm afraid that I won't see you again after this moment..." He clutched Venti's hand tighter, tears starting to form in his eyes. He quickly lifted his free arm to rub his eyes to stop them from falling down his face.