My Warrior [P2]

He threw on a collared jacket over his shoulders, sliding his arms through the holes. His hands popped up from inside the sleeves. The small man bust the door open with a light kick and he dashed out, still, adjusting his clothing as he ran onto the streets and towards the palace. Soft bells rang and the whole kingdom could hear them. The citizens chatted happily.

"Have you heard? Today's the ceremony where the Monstadian and Liyuen royals finally meet! Their children are getting married."

"Indeed so. I find the event heartwarming!"

"Very!"

Venti heard the countless conversations on what was happening that day, but he didn't really care. His mind was set on one thing and one thing only.

"I'm coming for you..!" He mumbled to himself with a mischievous grin on his face.

***

Xiao stood there, arms outstretched and his eyes locked on the mirror that showed his elegant reflection. Hands swept around his waist, arms, and chest, adjusting and fixing the red collared-robe with black branch-like patterns that spread all around his body. The prince also wore golden sleeves inside the crimson silk. The surrounding servants complimented him with smiles.

"Handsome as always!"

"Such a charming prince indeed! I'm jealous, I would've gladly gotten married to someone like you."

Xiao thanked them each whenever anything spouted from their mouths. He also silently wondered why he needed such a fancy outfit for the occasion. Yes, it was a ceremony, but not the actual wedding yet! That wasn't until a long while after this!

This whole "party" was for the two families to get to know each other, that was all. He personally thought it was no big deal, but he didn't mind, just enjoying the wonderful and comfortable cloth that stuck to his skin.

Suddenly, a knock came from the door to his bedroom. A maid tilted her head and Xiao lowered his hands to his sides. The servants around him had finished putting on his outfit and preparing his hair and other accessories. The prince heaved a sigh and strode over, already having an idea who it might be.

But, before he could open the door with his non-finger-gloved hands, the door was pushed open and slammed right into his face. The servants were stunned and Xiao tumbled backwards, unsteadily (somehow) keeping himself on his feet.

A tall ginger-haired man walked in, a prideful and happy expression on his face. "Xiao!! Are you ready yet? Aren't you excited? Oh, I really wanna see how you look, my son!" He said joyfully, almost crying.

Xiao raised his head, revealing a small pink bruise on the top edge of it, covering the purple diamond on his forehead. "What the hell!?"

The tall man rushed to Xiao and grabbed his head, pulling him into a tight embrace. The shorter male could barely breathe in such a narrow space.

"Oh, my son!!! I'm so happy you're finally getting married!"

"Don't call me that, damn it!" Xiao fought against the arms that wrapped around him. Another person strode over to the doorway and pulled the ginger off him.

"Childe, don't choke him. I don't want him dead by the time he meets the princess." A dark-haired, middle-aged man sighed. The ginger turned with a pout and latched onto him instead. Xiao groaned at his whining.

"But Xiangsheng!! It's his wedding day, I can't help it!" Childe frowned. Zhongli gave him a gentle pat on the head, giving comforting 'shushes'. Xiao facepalmed and walked out of the room, not wanting to deal with those two. He rubbed at the pink sore on his forehead, praying that it would go away soon.