Chapter Thirteen: Family Time

Standing in the airport, Valeria stared up at the arrivals board as she tried to work out how long it would take for them to collect Davi's bags from baggage claim before they reached her. 

Neymar had argued with Valeria that morning about who was going to collect Davi from the airport, he was stuck in training for the match that Sunday and wasn't able to come and get him. 

That left Valeria, who Neymar would have preferred to stay home resting instead of making the trip to the airport to collect his son. 

It had been Valeria who had won out in the end, she had insisted that she would be fine and she'd be able to manage with Davi until he got home. 

"Ria," Davi shouted hurrying away from his mother's side and rushing to greet Valeria, a large smile on his face as he approached her. 

He slowly down as he approached remembering what his mother had said about being gently with Valeria since she wasn't well, he wrapped his arms around her middle and gently rested his head against her stomach. 

"Hola," Valeria greeted smiling down at him, her fingers brushing through her blonde hair and she looked up at Carolina as the other woman approached them tugging along Davi's suitcase. 

Carolina smiled pleased to see that it was Valeria that had come to pick her son up, she was rather fond of Neymar's girlfriend and had been upset when Neymar had told her that they had found a tumour on one of her ovaries. 

"It's good to see you on your feet," Carolina commented moving to hug Valeria, the two had become good friends since the older woman had entered Neymar's life and she trusted her completely with the care of her son. 

If anyone was going to be Davi's stepmother, Carolina preferred that it would be Valeria; she was wonderful with him and Davi always seemed excited to see her no matter what was happening. 

"How is Vini?" Valeria asked recalling Carolina's new boyfriend's name, she had met him briefly at Davi's last birthday and he seemed to really make her happy with is something that Carolina completely deserved. 

If anyone deserved happiness then it was the hard-working Carolina, she had done so well in raising Davi especially given the hectic schedule that Neymar had.

"He's well, we've actually got a little break planned for this weekend," Carolina revealed with a grin, she was looking forward to some alone time with her boyfriend and he had encouraged her to take the break that she needed. 

Davi was a wonderful little boy, Carolina adored her son but it was very rare that she got much time to herself especially since Neymar now lived in another country and it wasn't possible for him to see much of Davi. 

"Well, I hope you have a great time," Valeria insisted, she was sure that Carolina would be grateful for the break where she could focus on herself and her new relationship. 

Vinicius seemed like a great guy and he was really supportive of Carolina and Davi, he didn't care that she was a single mother and Neymar liked him since they were friends before he started dating Carolina. 

"I certainly will, be good for Valeria and give your dad a big hug from me," Carolina stated turning to look at her son, she gave him a look that Valeria didn't quite understand before she pressed a kiss to the top of Davi's head and prepared to leave. 

Taking Davi's suitcase, Valeria watched Carolina go for a moment before she smiled down at Davi and signalled for him to follow her back to the car. 

There was no point in lingering and Valeria was hopeful that they could beat the traffic before they got caught in the rush hour traffic.