Chapter Five: Leaving Paris

Staring at the airport, Valeria couldn't believe how fast the last month had passed them by and now she would be returning home to Barcelona while Neymar would remain here in Paris. 

It made her a little sad to see her time in Paris come to an end, even with the promise that she would be back in a few weeks to see Neymar. 

Neymar had promised to skype her when he had the chance, he swore that this wasn't going to be as hard as they both thought it would be; they had lived apart before and they had survived that. 

Even if they had never lived with an entire country between them before, Neymar insisted that they would be fine and Valeria believed him with her entire heart. 

"I can't believe you have to go back to Barcelona," Neymar whispered sadly, he didn't want her to leave but she was starting work in a couple of days and she had to be well rested to deal with all the new kids in her class. 

A part of him missed the fact that he wouldn't be able to surprise her at work anymore, there would be no surprising the class with fun activities that Valeria thought up. 

"I know," Valeria replied feeling horrible about this, Paris had grown on her while she had been here, but she wasn't ready to give up her job. 

She adored the kids that she was working with, this was a sacrifice she was going to have to make if she wanted to keep her career. 

"I'll be back at half-term," Valeria said trying to cheer him up, it was a few weeks away but it was the most that she could manage especially since work was going to keep her busy and he would have his own commitments to take care of. 

It wasn't like they were going to see much of each other even if she remained, he had training and other projects lined up that would keep him extra busy while she was at work. 

Neymar nodded his head, he was already planning what they would do when Valeria returned to Paris; he wanted what time they did spend together to be special. 

Taking a deep breath, Neymar climbed out of the car knowing that they couldn't wait much longer otherwise Valeria would miss her flight; he was going to miss her so much while she was in Barcelona. 

It had been great having her with him while he settled in Paris, but the large house was going to feel so empty without her there with him; he was going to regret letting his father talk him into the five-storey house.

A part of him already dreaded going back to the house alone, it seemed rather daunting to him that he would be alone there; hell, even when Valeria was there with him, they had barely used any of the house. 

Valeria climbed out of the car, she was determined not to make saying goodbye harder than it needed to be; they were being silly and she would likely phone him when she got back to their house in Barcelona to tell him about her flight. 

"I guess this is it," Valeria murmured softly, she rested against the rental car and looked down at her suitcase that Neymar had just set down on the floor. 

She had just about talked Neymar out of paying for her to fly privately, it was really only a short flight and Valeria was hopeful that she would go unnoticed by those around her. 

Her father would be picking her up from the airport and Valeria was sure that he wouldn't be pleased if she missed her flight; he had left work to pick her up and she couldn't let him down. 

There was no way that Nicolas would let her forget that he had taken time out of his busy work schedule as a Judge to come and get her from the airport. 

Valeria almost wished that one of her friends had been free to come and collect her, she was a little to paranoid to get a taxi back to their house. 

"I'm going to miss you so much," Neymar whispered, he wrapped his arms around Valeria and held her close for a moment as he wondered just how he was going to do this without her.