Chapter Seven: Drifting Apart

Groaning as he opened his eyes, Neymar reached up to clutch his head as the pounding headache seemed to get worse as he took in his surroundings; his living room was a mess and people were passed out around him. 

Slowly sitting up, Neymar tried to blink the sleep from his eyes as he tried to remember exactly how it had come to be that he was sleeping on his living room floor instead of his bed upstairs. 

The night before was a blare in his mind and he knew that he had missed his call with Valeria because of his plans; he felt bad but Neymar Sr. had insisted that it was a good way to make friends. 

The last couple of weeks had been pretty busy and if he wasn't dealing with training or matches then his father had planned every moment of his social life to keep him busy and in the public eye. 

Neymar couldn't even recall the last time that he'd actually spoke to Valeria that wasn't rushed or leaving her a message on her voicemail; they just kept on missing one another. 

He accepted some of the blame of course, things had been hectic and Neymar was trying to make the most of his time here; there was nothing in his day that was left unplanned even his toilet breaks thanks to Neymar Sr. 

Getting to his feet, Neymar staggered through his home heading for the kitchen careful not to stand on anyone as he went; he didn't know anyone here and he wondered just who is father was bringing to his home. 

The mess in the kitchen was so much worse than in the living room and Neymar dreaded cleaning up; he knew that he couldn't avoid it and he had training later on that day. 

Perhaps he should call the maid service that he had hired and see if they could come a couple of days earlier to sort out this mess for him. 

Collecting a bottle of water from the fridge, Neymar leaned against the counter as he thought about his actions as of late; he wasn't impressing anyone with his behaviour and he couldn't continue on like this. 

Things might have been going better but that didn't mean that he was willing to mess things up; Neymar wanted to prove that he was worth the money that had been paid for his transfer and all the trouble that had come with it.

Barcelona were demanding that he pay back the contract renewal bonus he received as well as €8.5 million in damages and an additional 10% for the arrears; he wished that things could have ended differently. 

However, there was little that he could do about it now and his lawyers were going to contest the case since it did seem a little bitter of Barcelona to ask for the money back just because he had transferred a year after he had signed a new contract. 

Shaking his head, Neymar glanced at the clock on the wall knowing that he had some time before he had to be at training; he might as well have a shower and go to the home gym for a while. 

There was no point in trying to contact Valeria since he knew that she was at work and he would try to call her tonight when he got home from training. 

If there was time, his father would probably have big plans for him tonight, not that Neymar wanted to do much; he would rather stay home and relax for once instead of attending restaurants and heading to clubs. 

It was nearly every day that Neymar was on the front pages of the papers for some reason or another, the positive public image that his father was trying to push was crumbling because of his partying antics. 

Neymar Sr. was determined to make the most of his time away from his girlfriend, he wanted to show Neymar that there was more to life than settling down. 

He had been so proud of his son when he had stepped up after getting Carolina pregnant, but there were plenty of fish in the sea that he could still catch before making any permanent plans for his future.