Chapter Ten: Doctor's Appointment

Neymar couldn't help but bounce his knee as he sat next to Valeria in the waiting room, he had insisted on being here when she went to see the specialist; he didn't want to be in Paris while she was here alone. 

There was no way that he would have been able to focus on training if he had stayed in Paris; he was relieved that Unai Emery had been so understanding about him wanting to be here for Valeria. 

Especially after his behaviour when he had first started playing for the team, Neymar had thrown himself into his work and had mostly stayed out of the headlines for the wrong reasons since his talk with Valeria. 

At first her doctor had thought that she had a kidney infection when they had first seen her and had sent her to a Urologist; who had thought that the problem might have been kidney stones until they had ordered an Ultrasound scan. 

The results had come back the day that Neymar had surprised Valeria and they had referred her to a Gynaecologist; the fact that they had done so had freaked Valeria out and she was nervous to find out what they had found. 

Leaning back in the chair, Neymar glanced nervously around the waiting room and he hated that they were here; his stomach twisted and he almost regretted looking up Valeria's symptoms when he had been in Paris. 

Their appointment was meant to be twenty minutes ago and they were still waiting, he knew that things were busy but it didn't help his nerves since he had no idea what to expect. 

He slowly reached out and took Valeria's hand, he couldn't imagine what she was going through right now; he was sort of relieved that the school had allowed her to take some time off. 

It had been a week since he had surprised her and found out what had been going on; Neymar hadn't been able to wrap his head around this and he feared just what they had found. 

Of course, the word Cancer had sprung to his mind when she had told him that they had found something but he prayed that wasn't the road that they were going down and that she would be okay. 

Neither had said much since taking a seat and Neymar's stomach twisted further wishing that there was something that he could say to comfort her.

"Valeria Coloma Rodriguez," called a nurse making the couple jump slightly, they hadn't expected to be called and quickly got to their feet before they made their way over to the nurse who quickly directed them to where the doctor was waiting. 

Stepping into the room, Valeria shuffled over to the chair and took a seat as Neymar shut the door behind him before sitting down next to her. 

"Good afternoon, Miss Coloma... sorry for the delay," the Gynaecologist greeted with a smile, she looked over the file that she had been studying before completely turning to face the couple. 

She paused slightly at the sight of Neymar not expecting to see the footballer in her office; she quickly composed herself before focusing back on her patient as best she could without seeming too starstruck at the sight of the celebrity in her office. 

"Your Urologist sent us your results from the Ultrasound scan and we have looked them over," the Gynaecologist explained softly, she was sure that this was all confusing to Valeria and she didn't blame her at all if she was scared or upset by this visit. 

This was probably the last thing that she had expected since according to her chart her doctor had originally thought that she had a kidney infection or kidney stones. 

"It appears that there is a lump attached to one of your ovaries," Gynaecologist continued gently, she knew that couldn't be easy for anyone to hear but there were options that they could take and it didn't necessarily mean that it was cancerous.