Chapter Two: Signing for PSG

Tugging at the bottom of the jersey that she was wearing, Valeria tried to hide her discomfort at what was happening around her; she was happy enough trying to blend into the wall behind her while everyone ignored her. 

Things had moved quickly since Neymar had told her about his transfer to PSG, he had been so excited about the move and Valeria felt guilty for not sharing in the feeling. 

As happy as she was for him, Valeria couldn't shake the feelings of uncertainty about what was happening; something that didn't feel right in the pit of her stomach. 

It surprised her that Neymar hadn't noticed how she felt, she had never thought she was that good at acting but if the last couple of days were anything to go by then she deserved an Oscar or something. 

The fake smile plastered to her face seemed to hide her emotions well enough, she was polite to anyone who spoke with her before they turned their attention to Neymar. 

Crossing her arms as she watched Neymar signed his new contract, Valeria was glad that she had decided to hide out near the back of the room so that he couldn't see her or notice her lack of joy. 

There hadn't been a moment for her to consider what she was going to do with him moving to Paris; there had been no real conversation between the two of them about what would happen now. 

Neymar kept talking about how great things were going to be for them in Paris, all the things that they would do in the city that he would now call home. 

However, Valeria felt unready to give up the job that she loved; to throw everything away so that she could pack everything up and move to another country because his job demanded it. 

There was still a few weeks and Valeria was going to have to talk to Neymar about what she was going to do; she wanted to return to work back in Barcelona which would mean that she would have to tell Neymar. 

Her eyes swept the crowded boardroom where the signing was taking place, she felt so out of place and it didn't help that Neymar's father was ignoring her. 

It had never really escaped her notice that the man didn't like her, no matter what she seemed to do; he always seemed to prefer Neymar's ex-girlfriend despite how happy Neymar seemed with her.

Bruna Marquezine was a very beautiful woman and Valeria felt rather plain in comparison to the actress that Neymar had dated; she had tried not to let Neymar Sr.'s actions bother her but it was hard to ignore sometimes. 

"I was wondering where you were," Neymar announced snapping Valeria from her thoughts, a smile forced back onto her face so not to upset him; today wasn't the day for her to ruin things for him.

Valeria allowed Neymar to take her by the hand and lead her to the centre of the room where Nasser Al-Khelaifi was waiting; he was thrilled that she had come with him. 

Things had been a little rushed since he had told her that he was leaving Barcelona and Neymar had tried not to notice how off Valeria had been since he had told her about the transfer. 

He hoped it was just the surprise of the situation and that she would warm to the idea quickly; he was hopeful that things would settle down now that he was here. 

Caroline might have been a little difficult especially since she had moved all the way to Barcelona so that he could spend more time with their son. 

A move to Paris changed things slightly and Neymar hoped that he would be able to quickly sort things out so that he could still see his son on a regular basis. 

Davi had changed everything for him and Neymar couldn't believe that his son was turning six already; the years had flown by and he still remembered crying when he had been handed his son for the first time.