Chapter Twelve: The Results Are In

Lounging back on the bed, Valeria sighed as she stared up at the ceiling of the bedroom and thought about the last couple of days; she was glad to be here instead of back in Barcelona just waiting for her results.

It would have been maddening and Valeria was just glad to be able to distract herself in a beautiful city; she had been sightseeing with Neymar whenever she got the chance and was feeling well enough. 

Neymar had insisted on exploring the city with her whenever he wasn't training or at a match; he wanted to spend as much time with her as possible while she was here. 

They had tried to do as much as possible with the time that they'd had and Neymar was thrilled to show off the city that he now got to call home; he had even asked a couple of team-mates for suggestions on things that they could do. 

They had been to the Eiffel tower and the Musée du Louvre, they enjoyed their little trips so far and they were already planning on a couple more. 

Valeria had found it easy to take her mind off what was happening and had even signed up for a language app to learn a little French, although she was convinced that the owl mascot was a little too pushy with the reminders. 

Today, Neymar had training so she found herself lounging around the house in her pyjamas rather than do anything and enjoying some cuddles from the dogs. 

The sound of her phone ringing snapped her out of her thoughts and Valeria rolled over to grab her phone; she paused when she saw the number that was on the screen. 

"Hola," Valeria said answering the call, she quickly sat up and prayed that everything was okay; it was her doctor and this would be about her results. 

A small part of her had considered that this could be much worse than she had been told, she feared just what they might find and she wished that Neymar was here right now. 

He'd had a training session that morning and Valeria knew that he had been eager to be here with her when the call came so that he could support her in whatever they had to tell her. 

Valeria listened carefully as her doctor carefully explained what they had found, her stomach twisting as they talked; she felt ill even as they reassured her that what she had was treatable.

"I have a cyst on my ovary," Valeria repeated to be sure that she had heard them right, she wanted to be completely sure but she talked about this with anyone; she listened as her doctor explained to her what that meant. 

A part of her was relieved that it wasn't cancer related but the fact that there was a cyst on her ovary and it needed to be removed didn't ease her mind at all. 

Valeria nodded her head as her doctor started to explain what would happen next, the cyst would have to be removed and she would have to travel back to Barcelona so that could happen. 

Once everything had been explained, the doctor told her that they'd let her know when her surgery was scheduled and they would go from there. 

Hanging up the phone, Valeria started to google what she had and wrinkled her nose at some of the results that came up; she couldn't believe that something like that was inside of her. 

She quickly closed the tab and shook her head, she felt a little nauseous at the pictures that she had seen and she shook her head before climbing out of bed. 

A glance at the clock told her that she had time to shower and get ready before Neymar would be home; they had plans to go to lunch and she was looking forward to them especially now that she had answers. 

It was like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders and Valeria was just relieved that what she had could be fixed; she knew that it would be a while before she was fully recovered.