Chapter Six: It Will Get Easier

"Have you heard from Neymar?" Ana asked peeking at her best friend curiously, she had been surprised when it had been announced that Neymar was moving to Paris. 

It was not something that she had ever seen coming and she was even more surprised that Valeria hadn't gone with him and stayed in Paris. 

The two of them had worked together for a couple of years now and the two of them had become fast friends from the moment that they had met. 

However, Ana could not help but notice the longing glances that Valeria had been sending to her phone as if just hoping that it would ring. 

"Not since yesterday," Valeria mumbled messing with her salad, she had been relieved to get back to work and have something to distract her rather than sitting around the house and doing nothing. 

The dogs had been a great distraction but there was only so many times that Valeria could play fetch before she was certain her arm would fall off. 

It was strange being in the house without Neymar and she doubted that she would ever adjust to the fact that she was going to be living alone again. 

Neymar was in Paris, he wasn't going to be coming back here anytime soon and she needed to get used to that; they spoke when they could and it reminded her of when they had first started dating. 

"How is he settling in?" Ana questioned, she hated seeing Valeria so down and she wished that there was something about it; she couldn't imagine being so far away from the person that she loved. 

Hell, she couldn't go an hour without seeing a silly message from her girlfriend, they were always sending each other the most silly things to make the other laugh. 

Valeria had made the right decision for her, she had decided to stay back and Ana respected her for that; she knew how important it was for Valeria to stand on her own two feet. 

"He's doing well... Dani and the others are keeping him busy," Valeria replied glad that he had friends looking out for him in Paris even if it did mean that he missed her calls in the evenings. 

But it was good that he had that support around him, the last thing that Valeria wanted was for him to go through any of this alone.

Ana was silent for a moment watching her friend, she didn't want to say something that could further upset Valeria; she focused on her own lunch for a moment as she thought about how she could best offer support.

There was no denying that it had been a difficult situation when Neymar had announced that he was moving; it had been rather unexpected even if Valeria had expected him to proposal. 

The two of them had talked about how they thought he would propose and Ana had been the one to help pick out the dress that Valeria had worn that night. 

However, what's done was done and there was no going back now; it was just something that they were going to have to get used to since they lived so far apart now. 

"And how are you handling it?" Ana asked concerned, she was here for whatever Valeria needed and she knew that her friend would have her back in the same way. 

They would be lifelong friends that Ana could tell, no matter where their lives took them; she was sure of that and Valeria was someone that Ana knew that she could count on for anything. 

"I'm fine," Valeria replied, it had been strange being home without him and Valeria had found it hard being home almost waiting for him to walk through the front door sometimes. 

The dogs were great company and work was a good distraction, it wasn't sure what would happen when she didn't have any distractions to take her mind off him not being there.