rosemary never wants to get on rorys badside

WHEN RORY ANSWERED HER HOME PHONE once she realized Lorelai— who was still upset about not getting ice cream—wasn't going to leave her room to answer it, what she didn't expect was to here Rosemary Rivers voice to flow out of the phone.

"Hello? Is this Rory Girlmore? If it's not i'm really sorry for calling the wrong number." Rory laughed at the sound of Rosemarys voice which got more panicked the more she talked.

"Yes, this is Rory. Hi Rosemary." Rosemary sighed loudly into the phone and Rory laughed at her response.

"Oh thank goodness, I thought the directory had the wrong number or something when you didn't answer the first time I called."

Rory furrowed her eyebrows. She must of not heard her over the music. Wait-she wasn't playing music. She was probably to focused on studying. "Whats up Rosemary?" the girl responded with a laugh. "Oh please, Call me Rose or Rosie or really anything other then Rosemary. But I called because I was wondering if you wanted to hang out this weekend?"

Rory's smile widened. "Yeah! That sounds great." She said excitedly. "Okay, cool. I can come over after school on Friday. If thats okay?" Rosemary didn't want to invite herself in case Rory didn't like having people over to her house.

She should have just invited Rory over to her own house. "Oh corse that sounds amazing." Rory smiled excitedly into the phone. Making Rosemary sigh in relief.

"Oh great! Well then, I'll see you at school tomorrow." Rory sighed though the phone but to Rosemary it seamed more like a glare. "Good luck on the english test." Rosemary added truthfully. "Yeah, you too." Rory groaned. This time way more obvious.

Rosemary smiled as she hung up the phone. "Who was that you were just talking to?"Grandfather asked as soon as the phone went on the hook. Grandmother gave him a look. "Charles, for christ sake learn some privacy." She scolded.

"I wasn't trying to invade her space, Clara." He defended himself against his wife's hard glare. "I was just simply asking." "Well you never know who she could have been talking too. What if it was a boy?" Suddenly all eyes were back on Rosemary.

"It wasn't a boy, you guys. It was a new friend from school." Rosemary told them with a prideful smile on her face. Her grandparents lit up like Christmas trees. "You made a new friend?" Clara basically yelled across the room at her granddaughter.

Rosemary gaped at her. "Why do you both look so surprised that I have a new friend?" Her grandfather was quick to cover up both of their surprise. "Look Rosie, we love you but you've had the same two friends for the past twelve years." Charles broke it to his granddaughter with fake sadness.

Rosemary scoffed. "That is so not true!" "It so is, when was the last time you left the house and didn't hang out with Tristan and Paris?"  Charles asked rhetorically. Rosemary stared at both of them shocked for a second.

"Let's change the subject! I was on the phone with my new friend Rory and i'm also going to her house on Friday." Both elders smiled hugely at the thought of their granddaughter having another friend. "Whatever you want sweetheart." Clara smiled sweetly.

"You should bring your friend around one day, we want to meet her." Clara said quickly, passing Rosemary her toast. Rosemary groaned. "no, no, no. You guys always do this and you scare all my new friends away." Rosemary accused.

"Yes Rosie. We're the reason you only have two friends." Charles agreed sarcastically. Rosemary sent him a glare. "Is Tristan picking you up?" Clara asked as Rosemary started packing up her study gear that she was using last night for the test today.

"Uh, Yeah. He should be here any time now." Rosemary informed them, slightly distracted. A knock on the door pulled Rosemary slightly out of her trance. "One second!" Rosemary yelled, running to her room to grab a pair of shoes.