Rosemary goes to a dance

CHILTON WAS HAVING THEIR. ANNUAL FORMAL. Clara had brought it up excitedly at breakfast before school, practically shoving it in her husbands face. Don stared at his wife then back at the paper, then to his granddaughter who had a carbon copy of Clara's smile written all over her face.

"I'm so excited." Rosemary grinned tapping her foot under the table excitedly. "We're going dress shopping after Rose gets home from school today." Clara told her husband what she had suggested to Rosemary earlier that morning.

Don stared at his wife with raised eyebrows. "You do realize that this is Rose's dance and you can't go, correct?" Clara glared at him making Rosemary laugh. "Yes I know. I'm just excited for her." She defended herself. Rosemary watched her grandparents interact with a small smile on her face. For the few years Rosemary had lived with her parents, she had never really seen love around the household. Sure, her father loved her. But she never saw romantic love until she started staying with her grandparents. They truly mended the girls breaking belief that soulmates truly exist.

Excusing herself from the table, Rosemary left to grab her back pack that held all of her school work. Glancing out her window before exiting her room for the second time that morning, Rosemarys smile morphed into an excited grin. It was snowing. Rosemary loved the show.

Dashing down the stairs, Rosemary came to an abrupt stop at the bottom of the stairs. "No." She pointed her finger accusingly at the new member of the table that was now eating her breakfast. Tristan raised his hands in defense for a second before dropping them to continue eating her breakfast. Rosemary groaned. "Stop. Get up we need to get to school." Clara sent her granddaughter an amused look.

"But i'm hungry." The blond wined as Rosemary tried to forcefully drag him out of his chair. "Okay, i'm going." He stood up making Rosemary slightly fall backwards. If she hadn't been gripping Tristan's hand then she would have been sent flying backwards into the wooden floor.

Kissing her grandfather and grandmother on the cheek before leaving. Rosemary left the house. Tristan in tow. half of her breakfast in his hands. "You know, it's taken a while for me to feel comfortable about telling you this but now it's just obvious." Rosemary paused, waiting for him to continue. "Care to elaborate?" She sent him a confused glare at the shit eating grin that laid comfortably on his lips.

"Your grandparents like me more then you." Rosemarys glare was trained on the boy even whilst she entered the car. "You know what? I think your right." Tristan lifted his hand to his lips before blowing her a kiss. Rosemary raised her hand with an extremely fake smile gracing her lips as she caught the kiss and preceded to unroll the window before throwing the imaginary kiss out of the window.

Tristan gasped, holding his hand on his heart as if she had truly broke his heart. "This is why Clara's my favorite Rivers family member- Hay! don't hit the driver! Do you want us to die." "Then be in this car with you any longer. I'm weighing my options."

***

Rosemarys dress was green. She wore her pearls and silver heart shaped earrings that Tristan had gifted to her for her birthday last year. And tying it all together, She wore it all with an award winning smile. Her smile, although picture perfect was completely genuine. When she walked into the formally decorated room, she did not have her arm wrapped around a man. She had decided a few days before the dance that she would go by herself. "Gives me a chance to dance with everyone." She shrugged when she had told Tristan earlier that week.

Luckily it wasn't hard to find a familiar face in the crowd of students and teachers. She noticed Paris first. The girl sat secluded away from her fellow classmates with a boy who looked like he definitely didn't want to be there, waring a green dress and a dark cloud over her head. She looked like she left her 'I don't want to be here' sign at home.