Rosemary celebrates a birthday

IT WAS RORY GILMORE'S BIRTHDAY! Well, not today exactly. But it was coming up. Why should Rosemary know this you ask? because their friends obviously. But also because the girl had gotten a letter in the mail that morning about a birthday party. A party! Rosemary loved parties. Especially birthday parties. And even more when they were for her friends.

Getting to school, Rosemary was very exited to see Rory. But her excitement fizzled when she picked up on the whispers. People complaining about going to Rory's birthday party? In Rosemary's opinion they were acting like they were still in elementary school. Except in elementary school kids are usually excited to be invited to parties! This was all so immature of them.

Finally setting her eyes on Rory, Rosemarys face lit up. Her goal for the morning to turn the girls frown upside down. For Rory, seeing the girls bright smile had been a sight for sore eyes. She knew that Rosemary had definitely gotten an invitation especially since at the last Friday night dinner Emily insisted she wanted to meet Rory's 'new best friend." But deep down Rory was worried that Rosemary would have the same reaction as everyone else. Maybe she was sick of obligation parties. But she wasn't.

As soon as the girl reached her friend in the hallway, Rosemary went into a full speech of excitement. Telling Rory how excited she was for the party. It lifted the girls spirit a little bit. Rosemary gaped at the girl once she told her about the fact that she didn't even know about the party. "Wait like at all?" She asked as they walked to english. "Like you weren't told about your own birthday party." Rosemary asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. The entire Chilton population found out before I even heard about it." Rory joked. "Well are you going to go?" Rosemary asked. Praying to god she would say yes because going to a birthday party for a friend that wasn't even there doesn't seem like much fun.

"I don't know yet." She sighed.

"Rosie! Rose. Rosemary stop wait up." The trampling feet and loud voice of Tristan Dugray made both girls stop in their tracks. Rory watched the boy practically sprint towards the them before bidding farewell to Rosemary and leaving her to deal with Tristan.

Rosemary paused so he would have time to catch up to her. Once he did he didn't say anything. The boy was practically bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet. Rosemary watched him expectantly as an excited grin lit up his face. "What?" The girl laughed. "Well are you going?" He lifted up a card and shoved it into the shorter girls face out of excitement. Rosemary recognized the card was the same one she had gotten in the mail a few days ago. The same card that everyone in the grade got. Not from Rory.

Rosemarys face mirrored Tristan's excitement as she snatched the note out of his hand, waving it around excitedly. "Of course I am! But everyone's being so horrible about going. Rory didn't even know about the party!" Rosemary frowned out of pity of her friend. Tristan glanced around at their fellow students, then the corner that Rory had just disappeared from. "What do you mean Rosie?"

"It was all her grandparents. She found out today." Rosemary explained as Tristan tightly wrapped his right arm around the brown haired girls shoulders and led them down the hallway so they weren't late for class. "Tell me more." Tristan faked interest as they rounded the corner. He listened to her talk about everything Rory had just previously told her about her party. In all realness, Tristan couldn't care less about the Gilmores family issues. He just liked hearing his best friend talk. Much to both of their frustration, Rosemary was cut off by them arriving to Mr Medinas door. Late.

***

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY RORY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU." Rory backed away from the phone. Blinking her eyes, out of shock at the wide awake voice of Rosemary Rivers. Rosemary was bouncing up and down leaning on the phone wheres Rory was groggily closing her eyes out of tiredness every two seconds. "Thank you Rosemary, but you do realize it's six in the morning right?"