ROSEMARY HAS A SAVIOR COMPLEX

"WANT A SODA?" Rory asked respectfully with a polite smile as the three teens left her bedroom and entered the next room over, the kitchen. Rosemary nodded her head and thanked the Gilmore girl. as Rory handed her a cream soda. Jess shook his head and told the girl he could get it himself.

Typical thing for a boy to say. Rosemary rolled her eyes.

Rory just shrugged and returned to the living room where the rest of the party was waiting. whereas Rosemary paused, using the excuse of having to open her soda knowing she wanted to keep an eye on Jess.

Not in a romantic way though. She could tell that the boy was going to be trouble. She knew that from the first moment she laid her eyes on him, considering the circumstances. She just knew a kid like that would need a good influence. And Rosemary Rivers had never really been known for being a bad influence.

"I don't think that's the type of soda Rory was talking about." Rose raised her eyes at the boy as he glanced back at her carelessly before opening the backdoor wide enough for two to get through. It was an invitation. Jess was inviting her to go out with him.

Deep down Rosemary thought of this as a test of her moral compass. Not that the difference between following Jess outside and staying inside with everyone else was the equivalent of Adam and Eve and the eating of the the forbidden fruit. But she liked to think of her comparisons a tad dramatically. Her english teachers have always liked that about her.

"What, are you gonna confiscate it?" Jess asked, Trying to get the lid off. Rosemary answered no a little to fast for her own liking. "I mean, I'm not, but we should really go back inside, Sookie made all of that amazing food and it would be a shame not to eat it."

Jess just shrugged. "If you want to go in go ahead. I'm not gonna stop you." Rose frowned slightly as she tried to decide if it would be just better if she left the boy and went inside. But her thoughts were interrupted as the door to the inside slammed open and Lorelai stepped out of the house.

Rosemary jumped at the suddenly noise. Lorelei mouthed sorry. She raised her eyebrows at Rosemary as Jess opened his beer bottle on the porch ledge. Rose raised her hand to her forehead in a quite dramatic way and mouthed the words "I'm trying." while Lorelai mouthed back "I got this" making the younger girl step back and just be a witness in the exchange.

Lorelai put on a fake cheshire like smile as she got closer to the boy. Before he could take a sip out of the bottle he had just grabbed from the fridge and broke open on the porch wood, Lorelai grabbed it out of his hands. Sending him a sly smile. "Oh for me?"

Jess glared at the older woman but Lorelai didn't let it phase her as she took a sip. "Refreshing." Rose took the distraction as a que to slip off the porch through the backdoor, back into the house.

She had a struggle opening the door for a second before it had became suspiciously lighter and she let herself into the kitchen where Rory was now leaning against the counter. Her fingers tapping a fast beat as well as her heart. Knowing that she was just caught eavesdropping.

"I couldn't hear anything by the way." Rory's face was already a little pink but now was turning a darker shade of embarrassment. "It's fine." Rose smiled at her friend, amused. "There was nothing to hear anyway."

Rory let out a laugh that seemed forced. "Until your mom came out and ripped Jess a new one." Rosemary snorted, wrapping her arm around Rory's shoulders while Rory's eyes widened. "What did she say?" And so Rosemary recounts how the big moment went down. Making the story seem a bit more dramatic to keep her friend interested.

She talked about how Jess's eyes looked so angry they could slice Lorelei's face off as she gallantly stole his bottle of bear. Her words spoke as well as her words written in her english essays. But it kept Rory hanging onto every word that came out of her own mouth.