Five

~ Annalise

"Suck. My. Dick." Ro seethes out to Blake who has joined us at lunch today.

She was Ro's friend first, but I've known her since ninth grade. She's very tall with a slender face and long black hair.

Blake rolls her eyes as her arms are crossed on the table. "You can suck mine."

"You don't have one," he rebuts.

"I have a dildo in my closet you can suck." My eyes widen at that comment.

I don't know why I'm acting shocked, I've seen it with own eyes.

I was zoned out and staring at the back of a random girl's head. Therefore I have no idea what's going on and why they're arguing.

The topic is most likely something stupid, so I'm not even going to bother asking.

"He is not cute. You need to get your fucking eyes checked because if you think that misogynistic piece of shit is hot then you obviously can't fucking see," Ro explains to her as he speaks out of astonishment, throwing his hands in the air dramatically. Oh so this is about men, got it.

Blake shrugs and absently sucks on a lollipop. "Sure he's a piece of shit, but he's still hot."

Ro lifts his hand and covers his mouth as he looks at her with concern. "I'm so scared for who you choose to date in the future."

She rolls her eyes and continues on about her type of men and how they're not that bad.

Ro's hands move to his hair where he stressfully pulls on the sides. "So, so concerned," he mutters.

She tries to defend herself but he holds his hand up in front of her face, telling her to stop right there.

I pretend to itch my nose in order to cover my smile.

Suddenly Ro looks across the cafeteria and rolls his eyes while taking a sip of water.

"What is it?" I ask. I glance behind me and see Reed sitting at a lunch table with all his football friends. A girl sits next to him and is laughing while her hand rests on his shoulder.

"He is ridiculous. He flirts with a new girl everyday." Ro snorts.

"I don't blame him, flirting is fun." Blake smirks.

Talking to people for a long period of time usually makes me agitated so I don't have many flirting experiences. I have had romantic experiences, but like I said, people annoy me-especially teenage boys, so therefore I tend to ghost people rather quickly.

"It is, but it's like he flirts without even realizing and then the girl is so disappointed when she realizes he doesn't actually like her," Ro explains.

"I used to do that a lot," Blake covers her mouth her hand. "Its not done on purpose! Some people are just naturally more touchy and flirtatious." She slightly frowns.

Ro opens his mouth to respond but someone taking a seat at the table interrupts the conversation.

Ro looks up, "We're kind of in the middle of something..."

"Well too bad." I stiffen at the voice.

Suddenly the person sits next to me.

Reed.

Well I guess my day has been officially ruined.

Ro sighs. "Well what's so fucking important that you had to interrupt this very important debate?"

Reed's tongue pokes his cheek, trying to hide his amusement. "I just came to ask a question."

When we make eye contact his mouth twists into a sly smile. I purse my lips. Hello to you too.