Bonus chapter

~ Annalise ~ four years later

Silence hangs between Ro and I as we wait in the tiny bathroom.

My stomach feels like it's about to twist into a tiny tight knot.

I sit on the toilet seat, my leg bouncing while I stare at the tile floor in a daze.

Ro leans against the wall, his eyes trained on the counter.

"What does it say?," I murmur while biting my nail.

"Girl it's been like two seconds you gotta wait," Ro rebuts.

"Well it's been two seconds too long." I sigh and continue chewing on my nail and bouncing my leg. I can't believe this is happening right now.

"You said you're on birth control right?," Ro asks.

I nod.

It feels like I'm gonna throw up.

Which wouldn't be surprising because I seem to be doing a lot of that lately.

"Is it done yet?," I ask again.

He smacks his lips. "It's been five fucking seconds."

I groan and let my head fall back until I'm staring at the ceiling of my apartment's bathroom.

Fuck, can this stupid thing hurry the fuck up?

Reed's at practice right now and Ro had come over to hang out with me today since I don't have work or class and neither does he.

Except instead of us going to get food or watching tv or shopping or some shit, we're sitting in my bathroom waiting to see if his cousin impregnated or not.

Fuck. I gnaw anxiously on my lip.

I think I'm gonna throw up. Again.

When Ro had came over, he opened the door to find me puking in the toilet when I had just woke up. This would be the third time this week.

I'm twenty-two years old. I can't have a kid right now.

I mean, I'm over halfway through college and need to do even more schooling for addiction psychiatry nursing.

And plus I have a job at the supermarket down the street and it's a good job. How am I supposed to do all that with a kid?

"Okay stop gnawing on your lips you're making them bleed and it's giving me hives," Ro grimaces.

I lift my fingers to my mouth and graze my bottom lip. Little specks of blood stain my finger tips when I look back at them.

Huffing out a breath, I run a hand over my face.

Ro stands up from leaning against the wall and squints his eyes slightly at the counter.

He pushes off the wall and grabs the test, holding it a little closer to his face.

The silence is so loud it feels like my eardrums are about to explode. My head at that.

"Ro," I say tightly.

He glances to me with pursed lips and eyes that are little too wide.

I swallow nervously and hold onto the counter to push myself off the toilet lid and stand up. "Rowen."

He opens his mouth as if he's about to say something, but then closes it again.

I take a step closer and grab the test out of his hands. God I can't take the waiting anymore.

My eyes immediately go to the faint plus sign on it.

My stomach drops.

I'm pregnant.