Twenty eight

~ Annalise

God I love sleep so much.

The time where you can escape from the world, everyone's shit, your own shit. Where you don't have to think. You don't have to worry.

It's like being able to be dead without actually being dead.

You can be gone for a while, but then come back alive with enough energy to move on with life.

I smile to myself as I start to wake up, hugging my pillow.

And that feeling as you wake up when you're all cozy and warm. Fuckkk.

As my eyes begin to open I realize I'm not in my bed.

I'm looking at a couch cushion and then suddenly realize I slept over Ro's house yesterday.

A scent travels to my nose.

Coconuts.

My eyes widen to the size of saucers.

I'm laying on top of Reed.

And one of his hands is resting low on my hip, where my shirt had ridden up, and one on the very top of my butt.

Oh my god.

My heart begins to beat faster but I don't move.

He's still asleep, the blanket being pulled up to my shoulders and covering him entirely.

I can't see him but since my cheek is squished against his shoulder I can feel the side of his face rested against the back of my head.

My boobs feel sore from being pressed up against his chest.

I can't tell if everyone else is asleep. And I don't want to awkwardly get up and possibly wake him when no one else is awake.

Instead, I try to relax my body and close my eyes.

Just go back to sleep. It's no big deal. It's fine. It doesn't mean anything.

One of my hands is lifted above and halfway in his messy wavy hair. The soft strands threaded between my fingers.

My heart feels like it's going a mile a minute.

He moans softly while still asleep and his hands lift, going up my back and under my shirt.

My eyes snap open.

I can tell he's still asleep from his steady soft breathing.

I'm cuddling with Reed Pierce right now.

I've never laid with someone...like this.

My stomach feels a little like a butterfly.

Is it bad that I kind of like it? This. That I like this?

God what's wrong with me?

Suddenly he sniffles and rolls to his side, pinning me between his body and the back of the couch.

His eyes are shut and his long eyelashes are wispy and thick.

His pink lips are slightly ajar.

My eyes dart all around his face.

He truly is such a pretty person. The way his eyes and nose and mouth all fit so nicely together. Even his eyebrows are nice.

Some messy piece of hair rests against his forehead and his eye twitches from the ticklishness.

Carefully, I reach out and push it away.

I'm not sure what to do, so I just close my eyes and try to go back to sleep, trying to ignore the pounding of my heart against my rib cage.