11| He Cares, They All Do

As Naruto and I continued to stare at one another for a good few minutes, I was holding in the strong urge to break through the window and run. But seeing that Tsunade gave me my punishment for becoming a rogue ninja against my own will a few years back, she probably already has the ANBU assigned to me watching my every move already. Running away isn't worth the risk at the moment. I don't want to be hunted down by ANBU if I run away... It's a real pain to be running with high skilled ninjas after you. You're life literally becomes a game of cat and mouse, except in the end, someone ends up dying.

I sighed and rubbed my temples, "No, there's no Kanji here. It's only Ji." I stated, still trying my best to fool him.

Naruto shot right up from the ground and raaced over to my side, "Really?! I swear I heard Kanji's name...?" He muttered, scratching his cheek with his index finger.

I nodded with a forced smile, "Yeah, I think you heard something else, buddy. Because my name is Ji, not-" I started, only to be cut off by the ramen lover.

"Sasuke."

I stopped abruptly and clenched my teeth together at that name almost immediately. "...What? What did you just say?" I asked, glaring at Naruto darkly.

He stood up tall and proud, not affected my glare. "I said Sasuke and you know what I mean when I say his name. You know that you two cared for each other very much, even if now you hate everyone's guts now." He stated.

I walked over to him, letting out the string urge to hurt him out. I grabbed his collar and lifted him up in the air, choking him slightly. "You! Don't you dare talk like you know how I'm feeling, because you don't! Don't tell me who I cared about, don't tell me what I think! You're wrong!" I shouted, squeezing tightly. "You don't know me."

He smiled and winced as I choked him harder, "S-Sure I don't, that's something you believe, Kanji. You s-should believe me, you know? I am your friend a-and always will be, dattebayo!" He shouted back, stammering a bit in between words.

I took deep breaths and let go of him, ANBU immediately grabbed onto me and held me down. Naruto took this as his chance to walk over to me and look me in the eyes as he kneeled before me, closer than ever. "Kanji, I know we didn't have time to save you back then, but that was in the past. Now, we're in the future and so many things await us. Can't you give me, maybe even the entire Leaf Village a chance to make up for our mistake?" He asked.

My eyes were starting to water at the words that spilled out of his mouth. Did he really mean all of those things he said? I then shook my head as I remembered what he did to save me from my brother those few years ago; nothing. He did nothing really but watch me get taken away by his filthy hands! He did nothing to help, nothing at all! I know that for a fact... I know it! 

"Naruto..." I whispered lowly, hanging my head low as to not face him in the position I was in. 

I knew for a fact that he didn't try helping me out at all, but back then we were nothing but weak Genin going against a boy with skill. That truth was rather obvious, it was out there and in the open that Naruto and the others did indeed try helping me out. They just couldn't quite do it seeing that the Akastuki showed up as well. Now that, had to have surprised everyone. No one would have expected the deadly group, Akatsuki, to show up and fight them hand to hand like nothing. It was shocking, new, rare.

I broke out of the ANBU's grip, shaking them off with such strength I shocked myself. When I was finally free from their grip, I stood up and looked Naruto in the eye, my eyes filled to the brim with tears. Tears of regret and sadness. Naruto, he was my friend from the start, I should have never doubted him like I had a few minutes ago. He cares about me, he cares. They all do, even Kakashi.