5| Gramps is What?

Tears streamed down my face as I ran down the villages streets. Kakashi, he cared all these years for me even if I am presumed dead. I should have known that Kakashi, my father, would care for me even in 'death'. 

As I ran through the crowds of people - occasionally shoving a few people to the side - I headed to the leafs graveyard. My feet left little marks of my shoes on the dirt ground, I didn't care if that was careless of me. Someone wanted to follow me here, they could... I wouldn't stop them.

I made it to the graveyard, where all of those people who couldn't live on longer, or those who simply died in combat were. I noticed a few larger gravestones close to the back, this caught my interest. I sniffled and wiped my eyes clear of tears. Why were these so much larger than normal?

One of the larger gravestones to the left  read, 'Hashirama Senju'. I blinked and titled my head to the side, examining it closely.

"If I'm correct, this name is the first Hokage's." I stated, catching on to what these might be. "Then these should be the graves of deceased Hokage's."

I narrowed my eyes, "Hm, I guess this could possibly clear me mind..." I whispered, I walked back a bit and looked at each gravestone. "Tobirama Senju, second Hokage. Minato Namikaze, fourth Hokage."

Once I thought I was finished, I stopped talking and smiled. "Well, the leaf hasn't lost so many of their-- Wait, there's one more?" I muttered, shocked as I walked over to it.

My eyes widened in pure shock when I was close enough to read it writing.

"H-Hiruzen Sarutobi, t-third Hokage." I said out loud, shaking and stuttering.

I fell to my knees with my hand over my mouth. I just couldn't believe my eyes. Was there a small chance I could be hallucinating?

"Impossible! H-He can't be dead, r-right?! Gramps had everything under control!  There's no way he died..!" I shouted, pulling at my long hair.

In my current state, I failed to notice a figure watching me from the distance, examining my every move and word.

"Impossible... He can't possibly be d-d-dead. Gramps was-- is the third Hokage. They just have to be p-preparing for his dead..." I shouted, ending in a whisper. "Gramps..."

I felt someone grab my shoulder, I froze immediately. Since when was someone watching me, nonetheless so close to me? Slowly, I turned my head to the right to see Naruto. My eyes watered even more at the sight of my beloved friend, who knew if he still considered me one.

"N-Naruto...?" I asked, a small hiccup escaping my lips. "What a-are you doing h-here?"

He frowned and sat down right beside me. "I was coming over here to say a few things to gramps. That's when I heard your crying...and you say gramps too." He said, looking over at me. "Why do you call him gramps? Who are you?"

I sniffled, hanging my head low. "I-I... I was just c-close to the third H-Hokage... similar to you. It's only u-understandable that I w-would c-cry for him." I whispered, pushing my hair behind me ear. "As for my name, Naruto... D-Do... Do you r-really want to know?"

Naruto smiled at me sadly. "I know how you feel, dattebayo. Gramps was like my family, he was there for me through thick and thin, but now that he's gone... I guess he's in a better place without so much violence. He can live a peaceful life now." Naruto said, most likely the smartest thing I've ever heard him say.

I nodded in complete agreement with him. Even if gramps and I didn't talk very often, we were pretty close to one another. Almost like an uncle and his niece would be... I thought of him as my own family member, and to see him gone... It kills me.

"Other than that, can you tell me your name?" He asked, eyeing me. "You already know mine, but I don't know yours. It's not fair, dattebayo!"

I giggled softly, "Sure, why not Naruto? I guess you're right, it isn't fair if I know yours but you don't even know mine." I said, clearing my throat. "My names Ji, but you can call me Ji-chan."

"Ji... Ji-chan?" He asked, one of his blonde eyebrows raised.

I nodded, "Yes, Ji-chan." I replied.

He grinned widely. "That's a cute name, dattebayo! It fits a cute girl like you!" He shouted.

I blushed at the sudden compliment. "Th-Thank you, N-Naruto." I muttered.

"H-Hey, Ji-chan?" Naruto asked, titling his head to the side cutely.

"Yes, Naruto?" I replied, staring up at the beautiful sky.

He inhaled loudly. "Do you want to go out for some ramen with me, I'll pay, dattebayo!" He shouted, blushing madly.

My eyes flew open in shock. He asked me out... isn't that considered a date? "Sure, why not." I answered, smiling in response.

My heart fluttered as a cute grin covered his lips. "Great! This should make you happy again!" He shouted, grabbing onto my hand. "C'mon, let's go eat some ramen, Ji-chan! You'll love it, it the best!"