9| Come Back To Dad

I bit my lip roughly and hung my head low. 'Damn, I can't believe they actually managed to figure it out! I knew those barriers Pein put in my mind wouldn't do anything!' I muttered. 'N-Now they know...they know what I've done and been through...'

They were murmuring non-stop, not even caring if what they spoke was about me. "I can't believe it...she's not dead after all these years." Inoichi said, causing him Ibiki to gasp, staring at me harshly. "What have you done with this organization, answer?"

I didn't bother answering him. There was no point. He could see inside my mind, right? Then he should be able to search my mind a bit more for this information, I've already lost against the Leaf. They can now see my horrible past, the sound of my laughter as I killed so many innocent people. I'm an open book for them to flip through.

"Answer him!" Ibiki snapped, slapping me across my face roughly. I winced.

"No need to hit a girl, Ibiki." I growled, cracking my neck. "It's not nice."

He snarled down at me, lifting me up my my long dark hair. I flinched at the pain beginning to soar on my head, but ignored it seeing that I needed to stay bold and brave in front of this man. He wasn't going to get what he wanted out of me, besides those memories of course...

"Tell me now." He ordered, yanking my hair.

I kept my gaze hard and strong, not showing a sign of mercy of defeat.

"Now!" He barked.

I snapped, "You want me to tell you, huh? Do you? I was kidnapped by my own blood at thirteen and beaten by him, yet you stupid fools didn't bother to come after me! You just had to assume I was killed on the spot when really I was alive! Do you even understand how it feels to be taken to a criminal organization against your own will?" I shouted, shaking my head around, not caring if it caused my hair to be pulled.

"All those years, there damn years, I've spent my time trying to escape and leave that damn hell hole, but I couldn't... They always found me and punished me for attempts at leaving. In the end I decided against running away to avoid the brutal punishments." I said with a chuckle, shaking my head slowly. "Then, I finally gave up, I gave into them. That's where the real thing began, the moment I started to kill for fun."

Ibiki glared at me, shifting ever so softly. It seemed like he was thinking real hard about my little life story. Inoichi turned around and walked over to the door, quickly yanking it open.

"Inoichi, where are you going? We're no done here." Ibiki growled out.

Inoichi shook his head and walked out of the room, "Yes we are. We have nothing else we need to get. Lady Tsunade gave us orders and we must follow them." He said, glancing back at me. "Plus, I think Kakashi will be glad to see that she's alive."

The door to this cell-like room was slammed shut, I slumped forward in defeat. Dammit, he was getting Kakashi of all people. I'm not ready to face him even if I did before, this time it'll be a much more...serious and uncomfortable discussion. I'm not ready to meet my Otōsan now; the one I used to call my parent. This isn't the right time, nor the right place. For Jashin's sake, I wasn't even supposed to be caught in the first place!

This whole plan completely backfired on me, it was something I should have expected and kept an eye out for. Maybe, maybe if I hadn't been so clumsy while trying to kill Naruto, I could have been out there in the streets roaming around. I yanked my arms up, the sound of the chains holding me in clattering in response.

"Why... Why now?!" I shouted, squirming around frantically, having no strength due to the chakra absorbing chains. "Let me out!"

Ibiki scoffed and grabbed ahold of my hair, yanking it up forcefully so I looked him in the eyes. My eyes were brimming with tears over the current situation in hand. What was I supposed to do when Kakashi walked in here? He's held the thought in his mind that I was dead, but suddenly hearing that I'm alive again...won't he hate me for leaving? For all that I did over the past years, the murdering and all my bad deeds.

"P-Please, let me out..." I whimpered, holding back a sob. "He can't see me, not n-now!"

"Shut up!" He barked.

Ibiki yanked my hair around, making me cry out in pain. I internally glared at him with all my might, but the only thing in my mind was to get out of here no matter what... Even if it meant I had to be weak.

"Let. Me. Out!" I spat, lunging at him, the chains keeping me from hurting him like I wished to. "I'll ki--"

"Kanji?"

I slowly looked over to the side, my eyes widening in slight relief and horror. "Kakashi." I stated.

He walked over and nodded at Ibiki, "You can let her go, Tsunade wishes to speak with you. I'll take it from here." He said, waving Ibiki away with a lazy wave of his hand.

Ibiki grunted and let go of my hair, tossing me a dirty look before exiting the room in anger. "Don't do anything idiotic, Kakashi." He said, slamming the door shut after himself.

"Hmm, I won't." Kakashi mused, scratching his masked cheek.

Kakashi walked up to me, circling me with what seemed to be doubt in his eyes. "Why are you here; alive for the matter? Hm?" He asked me, getting closer. "Tell me, Kanji. Well, if that's your name of course."

My eyes narrowed. "Ji-chan. Friends give each other nicknames, right, un? That's yours..." My heart ached at the memory of that day, when Deidara gave me a nickname and yet I never gave him one. Kanji. My names isn't Kanji, it's Ji, Ji-chan.

"No... My name is Ji, Ji-chan. I'm a member of the Akatsuki and I have no family..." I stated bluntly, glaring at Kakashi. "And you want to know why I'm alive? Hah, I  was never dead, only unconscious. But wait, you wouldn't know that would you?  You didn't bother checking."

Kakashi isn't my parent and never will be. H-He never looked after me, he didn't even check to see if I was still alive when my brother tried taking me away! He doesn't deserve to be called my dad, not at all. His so called daughter is gone, she's been gone.

"Ji-chan, huh?" He said, humming softly. "What a nice nickname for my beautiful little girl."

I gawked at him, "What is up with you?! You're taking this so easily like you knew I was alive this whole time!" I shouted.

"What's up with me? I can ask you the same thing. What happened to you, hm? You considered me your dad before and now it's like I suddenly disappeared from your life in mere seconds." He said, sternly making the facts clear.

"Obviously you're out of my life now! If you were really my dad you would have checked to see if I was alive and breathing!  But now that I'm back and alive, you expect me to call you my dad?" I asked, dumbfounded with his words.

Kakashi chuckled and raised his hand, bringing it close to my face. I shut my eyes and winced. Kakashi's hand was on my cheek, his thumb rubbing my tear streaked face.

"Kanji, Ji, whatever you want to go by... Just stop it. Don't lie to yourself anymore, please." He mumbled, sincerity laced in his voice.

His mask crinkled, I knew from that he was smiling down at me. Kakashi kneeled down at wrapped his arms around me, and even though I couldn't do the same back, I knew in my heart I would wrap my arms around him too.

"Come back, just come back to me, to us. We've missed you." He said.

I buried my face in the crook of his shoulder, sobbing my eyes. I was really glad he accepted me back again, and still cared for me. But deep down, I knew that the bad side of me would never go away. I wasn't the same girl he knew. I've changed over the years.

"It's okay, Kanji." He said, rubbing my back. "Come back to dad."

Come back to dad, huh? If only it was that easy.