4| Kakashi Hatake

"Ka-ka-shi-sen-sei!" I giggled, madly. "Where are you, daddy? Your little girl is right here in the village at the moment, looking for you!"

Smirking sinisterly, I ran to the house I lived in with Kakashi. From the outside it looked the same, but how about the inside? I hummed and ran up to the door, searching for the key he always left for me. Reaching under the stairs I grabbed the key and faced the door, I stuck the key in the lock and twisted it.

Click

I peeked inside, Kakashi? From what I could see there was no one inside at the moment, but the place was still neat and tidy as I expected it to be. Since I'm here, I might as well go see how my old room is. I walked over to my room and pushed the door open as I walked in.

I almost smiled at what I saw in the room, but I had to hide it. I was nothing but an empty shell, a shell that had no purpose but to kill others. At least that's what Leader-sama had told me during our midnight talking sessions. We both believed this world was corrupt. So I had no reason but to believe most of what he told me...

There in my room, laid numerous amount of bouquets on my bed and on my mightstand. Some were wilting away while others were fresh, barely pucked or bought. I smiled softly, unknown to this old pleasurable feeling in my heart. It was... warm.

"How... how is it that they knew my favorite flower if I didn't say a thing about it to any of them?" I mumbled softly to myself, caressing a piece of the flower between my thumb and pointer finger.

I accidently pressed too hard on the petal thus causing it to rip in half. I gasped and tried to bring it back together. This reminded me so much of myself, I was just trying to put myself back to together, but... no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't do it.

I clicked my tongue and tossed the flower to the ground. "I hate it, how you, a flower, can be so similar to me." I spat, glaring at the flower. "Begone." I squished the flower with my shoe, rubbing it's contents all over the floor.

I jumpped out of the window, heading straight to the K.I.A stone. Just to clarify my so called death. As I spotted the K.I.A stone, I walked over and sat in front of it with my feet tucked under my bottom.

I scanned the stone slowly with my eyes. Then with my finger I trailed it around to find my name. "Kanji Hatake?" I whispered, bewildered. "I didn't know there was another Hatake..."

Did he do what I think he did?

"There wasn't."

I spun around to see Kakashi standing there with dead looking eyes. I bit my tongue. I need to watch what I say. My identity cannot be out so soon. Having some...secrecy around is fun.

"What do you mean?" I asked, moving to the side as he walked over, staring at the stone with grief.

"As you saw on this stone, Kanji Hatake was one of my children... She died three years ago, it was more of an assumption than a fact. Nonetheless, she's dead now." He stated, placing a bouquet of flowers next to the stone. "She didn't deserve the beating her brother gave her before she was kidnapped. Her last breath, her last words... were not heard by her brother."

I frowned. That's true, the words I cried out before being stabbed in the stomach by Sanji never got through his head. They passed over. It was a waste of my breath...

"I'm sorry for your loss, sir." I said, "But may I ask why she has the last name Hatake?"

Kakashi sighed, "The day before she was kidnapped, I had planned to fully take her and her brother in as my children. It's then they would take my last name, to be my real children... like I wished they were. Yet my attempts to grow and forget the past while having my own family seemed to fail on me. Now I know that having a family isn't as easy as it seems. Death is at every turn in a shinobi's life. I should have paid attention to them more..."

My heart ached for some odd reason. What is this madness he describes? Is he saying he really did care for me and Sanji? No... he couldn't possibly! I felt like crying at this moment, all my emotions that were bottled up over the past years came rushing out.

It was too late. "Now, may I ask you a question?" He asked.

I sat there with my head hung low. "Yes, go ahead." I mumbled.

It seems he did care after all.

"Why is it that you're so interested in her?" He asked.

Because I am her.

"She just reminds me so much of myself, I never had anyone there for me till a few days ago... But even now, I lost that person. It seems like I understand how you happen to feel, Hatake-san." I muttered, silent tears streaming down my face.

What's this feeling?

He cleared his throat and turned towards me. "What's your name?" He asked.

I smiled painfully. "Ji... My names Ji, no surname. But please, call me Ji-chan." I said, wincing at Deidara's nickname for me.

I stood up, my head still hung low. "I'm sorry, but I must be going Hatake-san." I muttered hurriedly.

I ran off before he could say another word that would strick me in the heart painfully. It seems that after all these years he still cares for my worthless self. The Kakashi Hatake was going to have a family.

And Sanji ruined it.

That was my chance in starting a life... but it's gone.