𝗑𝗏. 𝖨 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎

Carmen hadn't gone home since the night before and had been lying peacefully in the boys' bed, she snuggled under his red and blue sheets but jumped up once she heard the sound of glass hitting the marble tiles. The Filipino girl instantly got out of bed with the flashbacks of her early childhood in mind and before she knew it she was standing in the main hall. Ash held tightly onto the sleeve of his jacket, flashing the hidden knife "Morning..." she trailed off, making the boys' eyes widen.

"Uh, I think your mom was looking for you," Fez said, all he wanted was for her to leave at that moment because putting her in danger, that would be putting another child he cared about at harm and that was just something he couldn't live with, Carmen looked over at her boyfriends' silence, he had no apparent expression on his face which made her walk towards the boy "no, I think I'll stay."

She enveloped her hand with his, gently pulling the smaller knife onto her forearm-Ashtray looked over at her, eyebrows furrowed "the cops are on us man, they found mouses body" the man on the couch spoke, his arms had been laying while a phone, turned off sat on the table just a few feet away. Carmen and Faye both exchanged looks and the blonde looked at the phone, "you told me that Laurie killed mouse" Faye said.

Ashtray tugged at her arm once more but she yanked from his touch, "No I didn't what are you talking about?" he grew anxious-Fez and Faye continued to look at the phone while speaking so Carmen launched forward and picked it up "give me that fucking phone back!" he yelled at her, the older man tried to grab her but Ashtray pushed him back.

"Aye man!" Fez yelled watching both Carmen and Ash fight off the boy, he was stronger and overpowered the two, he pushed the younger boy off of him and held down the Filipino girl. She was scared, trying her best to get out of the man's touch and when she closed her eyes all she saw was Derek, holding down her mother so with a swift move of her hand a knife stuck out of his neck "oh my god!" Faye gasped

the room fell silent. Everyone stood in place not a single breath to be heard, Carmen could hear the ringing in her ears before Ashtray came and held a hand over the boy who bled out onto her mouth, he squirmed and her being the straight (A) student she somehow was used two hands to hold his head in place "the phone" Fez pointed, Faye handed it to him and watched as he dropped it in a cup of Sprite "Ma, it's okay j-just let go" Ash instructed.

Carmen shook, using a single hand to wipe the blood off of her face and that was the moment something inside of her burst, she finally felt that secure feeling, the girl finally protected someone even if it only would be in the long run and even if she would go to jail for "I did that, no, no, no" Carmen came to a realization, aggressively pushing his body from hers. Ash wrapped his arms around hers, trying to stop her shaking "he deserved it, listen I-i'm not letting you get in trouble for this, it was self-defense okay?" Ashtray protested.

"Neither of you are getting in trouble, I'll do more time either way" Fezco looked around, he took the blade out of Carmen's hands and smeared most of the blood on him, the blonde was still stuck in place while Carmen was more focused on how she could get away with this "the cops will be here soon, Ash, get her out of here" he demanded, he tried to get them out but Ashtray grabbed her arm and walked towards the laundry machine.

"Ash, stop wait" Carmen pulled his arm back "I might just be saying this because I'm scared but I think I love you" she spat, Ashtray opened his mouth to speak but the front doors burst open, guns began to be shot and he vastly moved the two to the bathroom, gun in hand as he shut it behind them.

She could hear Both Faye and Fez yell as he locked it behind them "Carmen, listen to me I need you to go out this window and don't look back" Ashtray stared at the girl who had tears welling in her eyes, something told Carmen that once she left she'd never see the boy again "no, I'm staying with you" she grabbed his hand.

Ashtray rushed to the window and opened it, gunshots began to be opened onto the closed room and all she could think to do was try and get him to come with her, "Go!" he yelled but it was too late, a bullet pierced through his skin, hitting his stomach as he hit the ground, Carmen ducked down and held the wound "no, no, no this is my fucking fault shit!" she said.

Carmen had watched one too many crime shows to not know what to do so she ripped the end of her sleeve, tying it around his stomach as tightly as she could "this isn't your fault, I need you to leave" he uttered, she placed a kiss on his cheek, tears dripping.

She climbed out of the window, a warm feeling pressed against her skin before she hopped out, Carmen limped out of the backyard the best she could-the preteen only got to the next house over but before passing out on the lawn she clicked the last number dialed "rue?" she gasped for breath, bleeding out onto the grass below her.

- - - -

"She had blood all over her Leslie, I don't know what to do anymore" Jessica paced the hospital floors in front of her bed, Carmen had a gown covering her body, blankets warming her cold body. She wasn't scared, the girl knew that she had to be okay because at least she could breathe and feel her legs "maybe it's time for you guys to go home, I don't know what happened I know it's not safe for her" The darker woman announced.

She tossed to the other side, replaying what had happened just a couple of hours before, Ashtray laid on the floor bleeding out, Faye, Fez, she killed someone. That's whose blood covered her juicy couture tracksuit not her own, but the man who gave her flashbacks all the way to kindergarten, it had just been a day since her father died, and here she was, in a hospital bed worrying about her fifteen-year-old boyfriend "she's just so young."

"I understand that but you have to do what's best for her future" Leslie pulled her mother into a hug, the memories just kept flashing back, all she saw was someone she felt she loved left behind to die, all because of her daddy issues. Carmen sat up, ripping the needles from her arms "wait- you can't do that!" Jess stepped closer.

The monitor Spiked up, alerting nurses all around her, Carmen took the rest of the needles sticking her and tried to run out of the room "Get off of me!" she screamed as a doctor enveloped her, her arms hit the man repeatedly making it so more staff would have to hold her down "wait, wait she's just a kid!" Jessica yelled at the doctors.

"I said get the fuck off of me!" The girl continued to scream at the top of her lungs, a woman came close to her neck, shooting something into it with a single needle, she could slowly feel her nerves calm and the last thing she saw was her mother coming to her side "Ash..." Carmen murmured.

AUTHORS NOTE
and that's a wrap....!
this has been an amazing
journey and while I'm kinda
sad this is how it's ending but
I'm happy that I got to write
their story and yes, Carmen
is loved by many I'm leaving
what happens to him for your
imagination bc it was alrdy sad
enough, got me crying and shit.

don't point out any grammar
mistakes cause I wrote this w
4 hours of sleep, Cartray is
over (no sequels for the time
being)

thank you for reading,