2: Hello and Goodbye

Three hours before the wedding....
You looked in the mirror, and although you looked beautiful, you didn't feel like it. Everyone around you was so cheerful and excited for you and Kyojuro to elope, but you couldn't help but not feel the same. You haven't even met the man yet, how were you supposed to know if he was a good person? His father wasn't. You met him once and that was to buy your kimono for the wedding. He smelled like liquor and didn't seem to care about your well-being. He said " You are to good for his son"
After hearing his comment, you wondered if his son was exactly like him. You looked down and sighed.
Your screwed.

10 minutes before the wedding....

While you were waiting for your chance to come out and reveal yourself to both your family and Rengoku's, you heard a light knock on the shoji screen.
"Hello, it's me, Kyojuro Rengoku."
You eyes widened, aren't you suppose to see him during the ceremony?! Why was he hear! You looked around and tried to make the depressed look on your face not so evident.
"May I come in?"
You thought about it, you almost wanted to say no, but then you thought about what your mom said.
"Yes, you may."
He opened the sliding door and I was greeted with a younger yet cheerful looking Shinjuro. It was uncanny! They look so similar. Except he doesn't lurk of alcohol and has a more friendly aura.
" I apologize that this was an arranged marriage, my father was drunk and saw your mother beg for money." He stepped closer to you and knelt down.
"I understand if you feel anger toward me, I don't want to be too fast on our relationship either. So, let's take it one day at a time! Kay!"
He smiled brightly, you felt fuzzy inside. "Oh, uh, okay. I'd like that" you smiled in return for his gesture.
He stood up and began walking out of the room. " I will see you soon." He bowed down and closed the door.
Maybe he might not be so bad.

Wedding ceremony......

You walked towards Kyojuro, everyone's eyes were on you. You looked at your mother who was drinking and smoking a cigarette. Your siblings were smiling and happy you were getting married. On Rengoku's side of the room, there were very few people, his father and..... little brother? It was strange how alike they all looked. You didn't see his mother though. You pondered if she'd left them but decided to drop it. You stood in-front of Kyojuro, you blocked out everything as you realized your first kiss was about to be taken by a man you didn't know. Because of your overwhelming thoughts, you didn't realize that it was time for the bride and groom to kiss.
You looked at him. He looked at you. He gave you a sad smile. And slowly leaned towards you and instead of kissing you on the lips, he kissed you on the cheek, only a centimeter from your lips. If you were seated in the audience, it would look like we actually kissed.
You were shocked, he noticed. A slight blush tinted your cheeks yet you were relieved.
Everyone except his father and your mother clapped as you and Kyojuro faced toward your family and his. You both walked down and decided to sit at a table and wait for the meal to come. Everyone was chatting, well mostly everyone. Kyojuro was talking with my family and easily made the tension in the room dissipate. You looked at what you thought was his younger brother. He was sitting alone at a table, you decided to walk and talk to him.
"Hello, may I ask what your name is?"
He blushed at your sudden appearance.
"Oh, it's Senjuro." He looked down.
" it's nice to meet you Senjuro, im looking forward to spending more time with you." You smiled, a genuine smile. He seemed like a nice respectable kid.
Before you could converse more, it was time to eat.
                                      ——————-
Hours had passed, and it was time to say goodbye. You teared up as you said goodbye to your siblings, they were oblivious to the fact that they will never see you again. "Y/N! Please visit often, I'll miss you!"
They all said synchronized. You almost melt down. "I.... I will try." You choked but quickly regained your composure. You looked at your mother who turned away from you. " Goodbye Mother, I hope life treats you well." You bowed down and left with the Rengoku's. As you looked back one more time, you could've swore you saw a tear roll down your mother's face. But then that might've been the blurriness of your vision because of the tears playing tricks on you.
By the time you got to their residence, you started to become anxious, hopefully he doesn't try anything with you. As you went to your room,  he laid in his futon, after awhile you did the same.
It was silent. You could hear the crickets chirping. You moved to your side and as you were about to close your eyes he said " I am truly sorry about you having to leave your siblings, I hope you'll find it in you heart to forgive me." You started to tear up.
"It's okay, it wasn't your fault, my mom was the one who sold me off in the first place."
And then that was it.