8: First Mission

The bright-orange sun soon made its way into your window blinds. As you opened your eyes, you noticed Kyojuro wasn't next to you.
You sat up and looked around in hopes of seeing any sign of Kyojuro, but no, the entire room was empty. However, you did smell something good. The scent was strong, it smelled like...food?
You stood up and walked, since the shoji was open, you headed toward the direction of the smell without hesitation.
"Y/N!"
Senjuro ran towards you and engulfed you in a tight hug. "Senjuro! How have you been?" You smiled and hugged him back. "I've been well, me and Kyojuro were just making breakfast for you." You both let go of each other and walked to the table. There laid an extravagant display of all different kinds of breakfast food. "Wow, you both really outdid yourselves!"
"Of course Y/N! What kind of family would we be if we let you cook after working so hard in final selection?!"
Kyojuro sat besides you while Senjuro prepared the area where his father was going to sit.
"Father! Breakfast is ready!"
The atmosphere shifted when you heard grunting noises and smelled alcohol. You were even surprised  Shinjuro was awake at this hour.
Once everyone was situated, Shinjuro, noticed your presence. "Wow.... You survived. How shocking..."
As he spoke he was slurring his words, "you trained her well Kyojuro, but.... it's only a matter of time till she gets eaten by a demon...."
Everyone looked down. Whether Shinjuro was just provoking you or telling the truth, no one should say that to an upcoming demon slayer. You decided to brush it off and continue eating. Everything was silent until you heard a familiar noise that caught your attention.
"Hoot, Hoot...hoot"
The owl entered the house and landed on your shoulder.
"Hey! Get that bird outta here!" Shinjuro tried to swat the bird away using a napkin but failed.
"Y/N... you have a mission in Natagumo Mountain. People have been disappearing around the area. your help is needed."
The owl spoke in a calm matter, almost like the two girls you saw in Final Selection. After hearing the news, you stood up, "Alright everyone, I'll be on my way."
"Bye Y/N! See you soon!" Senjuro wished you well and hugged you before you could walk away.
"FAREWELL Y/N! I WILL AWAIT FOR YOUR RETURN!" Kyojuro winked, you didn't know if he was implying something or just being friendly. Oh well, you smiled and waved them off.
You dressed in your demon slayer attire and headed to Natagumo Mountain for your first mission.

——————————

Today marks the day of your first mission, you looked up at the Mountain before you. You could almost sense a threatening aura seeping through the mysterious-dark trees. Everything was at peace for a while as you continued to stare, your body couldn't move.
Were you scared? Is this what fear feels like?
"Hello Again!"
You swiftly turned around, and to your surprise, you locked eyes with Tanjiro and two other boys with him.
"Hey Tanjiro! Is this your mission too?"
"Yes! Wait... is this your mission as well! Wow, what a coincidence!"
"TANJIRO, THIS PLACE IS SCARY! WE ARENT GOING IN THERE ARE WE!!???"
You looked behind Tanjiro and saw the boy from Final Selection crying. Tanjiro faced the kid and consoled him.
"HEY YOU! FIGHT ME!"  You looked at the boy with a boar mask as he is running towards you. You backed away, "what the-"
Before you knew it, you were tackled to the ground.
"Hey- get off!" You managed to flip him over and restrain him.
"Oh! L/N! Im sorry! Inosuke! Stop that!"
While Tanjiro was trying to calm down the kid, you took this opportunity to dust yourself off.
After everyone was calm, Tanjiro introduced the boys he was with.
"L/N, im sorry for the rude first impressions, but these are my friends, Zenitsu and Inosuke!
He points to the yellow-haired male and then the boar.
"It's... fine. Hello, my name is Y/N L/N."
The introduction was short because each of you had a task, and that was to see what was going on in the mountain.
You were all about to head to the mountain when Zenitsu started crying. "PLEASE! Don't make me go there! It looks so scary...!"
Everyone was ignoring his cries and pleas to not leave him there by himself. It was quite annoying, how can Tanjiro be so patient? Although you felt bad, you couldn't help but focus more on the mountain than him.
While the three of you were walking, you noticed Tanjiro was carrying a large box on his back,
'I wonder what's inside.'

                                   ———————

A couple of minutes into the search, a boy came running, "Help! Please!"  He fell to the ground panting, "what's wrong!" Tanjiro bent down and looked at him with confusion.
"My....I came with another group of demon slayers, and all of a sudden they all started fighting each other!"
Isn't that against the demon slayer rules?! Your eyes widened, something seems off.
The boy was hyperventilating,
"Hm, that's strange, what's your name?"
The boy started calming down as he realized the grave situation he was in. "My name is Murata, what about you guys?"
"My name is Y/N L/N."
"Im Tanjiro Kamado and this is inosuke. Where are the other demon slayers? We have to find out what's going on."
Murata nodded his head in agreement, "they're  this way."
We walked with Murata and later found what we had been looking for, except everyone was dead.
Everywhere you looked there was someone with a dislocated head, arm, leg, foot, it was endless. You couldn't tell who was alive or not.
Tanjiro cringed at the sight. You something was off, you just couldn't point out what it was.
It wasn't until a girl who looked badly injured charged at you. You took out your sword and blocked her attack.
"I'm so sorry! I cant control myself! Everything hurts!" As she was talking, she was blowing attacks at you left and right. "Do you know what's controlling you!?"
"I have no idea! Please just end my life!"
Once she told you to kill her, everyone started saying that as well. Before you knew it, the three of you were bombarded with demon slayers. You didn't want to kill the girl, her injuries could still be healed with the proper care. "L/N! I found a way to stop them from attacking you without killing them! There are webs, cut them! It's only temporary, but it will work!"
You did as Tanjiro instructed you, and it worked! Thank god, you couldn't bring yourself to kill a fellow demon slayer. The girl and the others attacking you fell to the ground, only to be controlled again. "L/N! Tanjiro! Inosuke! Go and find the person controlling them, I can handle this!"
"Are you sure Murata?" Tanjiro steadily started to remove himself from the crowd of demon slayers.
"Yes, now go!"
And that was the signal for the three of you to leave.
After a little while of running you approached a female demon who was angry... very angry.
"You lowlife demon slayers! How dare you destroy my puppets!"
You locked eyes with the female, "oh you little...."
Wait, where was Tanjiro and Inosuke? You looked around and saw no one. Were you that fast?! You stared back at the demon, her red eyes looked at you with bloodlust and a little bit of panic.
"You think you could get past me! Take this!"
As you were about to charge towards the demon, you abruptly stopped when you saw she was controlling another headless demon. How is that even possible!
The headless demon ran towards you, thanks to your fast reflexes you were able to dodge its attack, at least that's what you thought. You felt a sharp pain on your stomach, blood was seeping through your uniform. What? How!
"HAHA- not so strong now huh?!"
You looked back up at the weird-looking demon, you might just have to think hard about killing this one, and you have to do it quick!

                                 —————————

Lol this chapter was supposed to be longer, but nahh..... i think it already reached it's limit 😂

I low key forgot what happened in season 1...
I rewatched it so many times but I always forget for some reason. 😳