Chapter 25

March 2022 - Stockholm, Sweden

After my panic attack and with Farmor's death, I was given a few days off for her funeral and to return home to Sweden and spend some time with family.

I was worried for my Mom, I wasn't sure how she would go on living alone, especially because our home in Sweden was in the countryside where there wasn't much to do anyways, even more so when you're living alone. All of her loved ones had either died or left home. How I wished my father was alive, so that they could've grown old together.

"Hi Jules." I said, entering my house, suitcases in hand.

"Len!" She greeted, instantly coming over to hug me. I looked to my left, and saw Mom sitting in what used to me Farmor's rocking chair, staring aimlessly into space.

"How's she doing?" I asked, taking my coat off and heading to the kitchen, in order to talk in some privacy.

"Not very good." Julie replied, pouring me a glass of water. "You should probably go speak to her and maybe put something on the TV so she's distracted. Andreas is coming later tonight." The morning after the Juventus win, I flew straight to Sweden, but because my brother was in America, it was difficult for him to find a plane and a longer trip.

"Hi Mama." I said, hugging my mother from behind. Grabbing a blanket, I wrapped it around her shoulders, while kissing her cheek. "I've missed you so much!"

"My darling Lennie." She replied, snapping out of her trance in order to address me. "How have you been sweetheart?"

"Alright. Busy, very busy, and I'm exhausted. I'm so happy to be back with you though." I answered, a solemn feeling overcoming me, happy to see my living family, but still mourning Farmor. Despite finding the news out yesterday, still I hadn't truly processed it, and I had felt number ever since I broke down. I knew that I needed to stay strong though for the whole family, most importantly for the woman I was hugging.

"How was your match last night?" She asked, I assume having been too preoccupied to check the score.

"It was great, we won and we're through to the semi finals." I said, feeling a real smile creep onto my face, also not having much time to process Lyon's progression to the next stage.

"Oh my, that's absolutely amazing. I am so unbelievably proud of you, you know that right? Farmor would be as well." She replied, but her short spell of smiles suddenly turned grim after the mentioning of my grandmother.

"Do you want to watch the replay?" I asked, changing the topic and trying to provide something which would take her mind off death. "I was on for the majority of the match and think I played pretty well."

"Don't spoil it!" She said laughing, allowing me to put it onto the TV. I then went into me and Julie's room, needing to speak to her about the funeral arrangements and just wanting to catch up as it had been a while since we spoke.

"Hey." I said, knocking on the door, after seeing her busy putting up pictures onto the memory wall. She had even brought a pressed flower, which she had pinned up beside a set of polaroid pictures of her friends and her in Holland. "These are sweet!" I complimented, noticing a photo of her and some guy I didn't recognise. "Is this the guy you were telling me about back in December?"

"Yeah." Julie replied sheepishly, her cheeks turning a bright red.

"Aw Jules!" I teased, laughing and wrapping my arms around her. "Did you print any for me?"