Chapter 8: Way to Collect the Ancient Powers(4)

Cale and his group finally headed to their next destination as soon as everything that Cale needed to do had been done including sending the message to Talyor Stan.

Everything was the same as the previous timeline except the voice of ancient powers inside Cale's mind and his hands that 24/7 covered with gloves.

Thankfully, the Annual Rings of Life power isn't as bad as the Memories of the Past. The living things' rings of life only come out when Cale wants to see it. It is easier to control.

"We will camp here," the vice captain, Hilsman announced when he saw the day was getting darker.

Cale nodded his head and shifted his eyes towards the road. Just after he did that, he then saw a shabby carriage that was moving towards them.

He smirked.

'Finally, they came. Let's just follow everything like in the previous timeline,' Cale mentally made a note inside his mind as he walked towards Hans.

•••••

As soon as Cale arrived in the capital while was helping Talyor and Cage, he hung the wind chimes that he bought on the window. The kittens and Raon happily looked at it while was listening to its sound every time the wind blows it slowly.

"How relaxing."

Cale slowly closed his eyes while enjoying the peaceful moment with his children.

"Yes, it is."

"So peaceful nya!"

"Really peaceful!"

However, that peaceful moment didn't last long, Cale then heard someone was knocking his door. It didn't sound urgent unlike the last timeline where Lock was on the edge of using his berserk transformation but still, Cale decided to open the door.

"Choi Han?"

Cale looked at Choi Han in disbelief when he saw how Lock and Rosalyn were calmly standing beside him.

Isn't they supposed to be panicking right now since Lock will be transforming anytime soon?

But why Lock isn't in pain at all?

"Cale-nim."

Choi Han excitedly called for Cale before moving toward him then holding his hand. If he had a tail right now, it sure was wagging.

Regardless of Choi Han's excitement, Cale's eyes were on Lock and Rosalyn that was awkwardly looking at him then Choi Han.

"Cale-nim, I'm back."

Cale broke his gaze that was on Lock and Rosalyn to look at Choi Han. He was squishing Cale's hand too tight until it was hurting him. Cale almost hissed by the pain but managed to hold back his voice.

Seeing that Choi Han still smiled innocently, Cale knew that Choi Han didn't mean to hurt him.

'He must forget to control his strength.'

Cale just shook his head then patted the hand that was holding his slowly.

"Welcome back," Cale replied to Choi Han's greeting earlier before his eyes went towards Lock and Rosalyn again.

".....Who?"

Cale pretended to not know the two people that were standing in front of him.

"Ahh! They are my friends. I meet them when I went to do the task that you gave me. They were hurt so that's why I brought them with me."

Choi Han spoke as he was telling the truth, so smooth and didn't even shutter. Well, most of it was the truth anyway but Cale was still impressed since Choi Han's acting skill was improving.