1: I live, I die

TW: Death, references to human trafficking, implied SA, mentions of abuse and a miscarriage, attempted murder, murder, and assassination. Spoilers for the end of Demon Slayer. (This will probably be the last time I specify content warnings unless there are glaring triggers other than blood-guts-death that come with KNY/SNK)

 (This will probably be the last time I specify content warnings unless there are glaring triggers other than blood-guts-death that come with KNY/SNK)

The winter of her twenty-first year, Guren Chitose fought Kibutsuji Muzan in what would become know as the Sunrise Countdown Battle.

She'd already gone toe-to-toe with creepy-ass Upper Moon Two, wielding her Breath of Storm against his icy Blood Demon Art; ultimately putting him down with the help of Shinobu, Inosuke and Kanao. Though the rainbow-eyed bastard was nothing compared to the dickweasel progenitor of demons. After all, Gyomei had lopped the shitstain's head off and all he did was laugh, promising to slaughter them till dawnbreak.

Yeah, like hell any demon slayer, much less the remaining pillars, would take that lying down.

" Guren! Watch it! " Sanemi had snarled as they both jumped back while Obanai jumped forward in an attack. " You almost got steamrolled by that fucker! "

The girl rolled her eyes, shaking midnight-colored fly-aways from her sweat-slicked face.

" Well gosh golly darn it looks it! " Guren drawled sarcastically. " Don't give stupid orders, 'Nemi, I'm not your fucking bitch! " The white-haired Pillar scowled.

" Disrespectful bitch! " He fell into an attack stance, blade held high by his chest.

" Eyebrow-less Fuckmunch! " She shifted into her stance, flipping the grip the blade in her right hand while holding the left parralel but in the conventional grip.

Whistling a shrill tri-tone, Sanemi shot forward at the beast. She recognized his Fourth Form: Rising Dust Storm, as he attacked from below in ferocious arching slashes. Finish his attack pattern in a crouch, she hand leapt off of his back and somersaulted in the air.

Breath of Storm, First Form: Violent Whirlwind!

Spinning down in a tight vicious spiral, she'd defended against Muzan's whips before slashing him deeply across the chest. The demon snarled, rearing his arm back to take a swipe at the Storm Pillar but he was dealt blows from the back by Gyomei, Obanai, and Sanemi.

In this fashion, the pillars attacked.

They just had to hold out till sunrise!

For a second there, Guren had some measure of hope that she would survive to see the end.

It had been mere minutes before the break of dawn. One of her lungs had been collapsed, her ribs, right arm and one of her nichirin blades shattered in a previous attack. Drenched in blood, a crimson-colored blade clenched between her hands and the mark of the demon slayer emblazed on her cheek; Guren powered through the pain through sheer force of will and anger alone.