7: The Enemy of my Enemy

The only indication Mikoto gave that she'd realized she'd landed on the roof was a little grunt at the impact of her knees on the tile

The only indication Mikoto gave that she'd realized she'd landed on the roof was a little grunt at the impact of her knees on the tile. Her eyes instead scoured the rooftops in search of that Titan.

" Are you guys okay?! " Connie asked looking between Mikoto and Mikasa, though neither were truly paying attention to him. " We better get out— "

He was interrupted by the thunderous stomps of an approaching Titan. A fifteen-meter class with round eyes and black hair. It made a beeline for that Titan, Mikoto noted.

" Shit! A fifteen-meter Titan! " The boy exclaimed as it stopped in front of the other Titan with a loud shriek. It growled back angrily (could Titans even feel anger?) " Two fifteen-meter Titans?! "

" No, no... " Mikasa shook her head, not taking her eyes off of the Titan that had saved them. Mikoto pursed her lips.

" That angry-looking one, " she supplemented. " It's... different. "

The redhead squinted suspiciously as the Titan, she decidedly dubbed the Rampaging Titan, incredibly shifted into a fighting stance.

Executing a clean right hook that knocked the head right off of its opponent. She couldn't help but let out a disbelieving huff of laughter when it slammed its heel down on the nape of the steaming titan effectively finishing it off.

A Titan-slayer Titan... Eren would have had a fucking conniption seeing this, she sighed bitterly.

Connie, being Connie, panicked about getting out of dodge before the Titan realized they were closeby but Armin refuted this, noting that if it was going to attack them, it would have attacked already.

" It seemed like it had an idea of how to perform hand-to-hand combat, " Mikasa observed. Mikoto sucked her teeth as the Titan ambled off— presumably in search of more victims.

" Oh, it knew exactly how to perform hand-to-hand combat, " she decided as the authority on close-quarters combat in the 104th. " That right hook was way to refined. I'm personally more interested in how it knew where the Titan weak spot was. "

It opened up a lot of implications for humanity, after all.

Not only did it mean that, potentially, there were intelligent Titans that were capable of combat strategy but had a fundamental understanding of their strengths and weaknesses. Who's to say that the strategies— like Lure-and-Ambush or Maim-and-Kill— that they had been the cornerstone of Titan-killing strategies drilled into them during training would be effective on these Titans?

" Whatever! This so is not the time to be praising a Titan! Just consider it an Aberrant! There's just too much we don't know! " Connie huffed, roughly dragging his hand down his face. " We should concentrate on getting to the HQ! " Mikoto grimaced at that.

" Yeah, small problem— Mikasa and I are out of gas. "

" What?! Are you fucking kidding me?! " Connie's yell echoed the empty streets of Trost. Mikoto rolled her eyes into her skull in aggravation.