4: Strange Bonding Rituals

Mikoto sighed, a hand braced on her hip as she stared pensively off into the distance

She was really craving soba.

Summer had kicked into full swing and the heat brought up fond old memories of Guren cooling down with a nice plate of cold soba. Unfortunately for Mikoto, buckwheat wasn't cultivated within the Walls. It wasn't even a thing that existed within the Walls, which meant her chances of having soba in this life were none to nil.

But that didn't mean her body didn't crave it.

" Pay attention! " Green Eyes yelled as he threw a punch at her torso, only to have his arm summarily twisted behind his back and his face subsequently smushed into the grass as he landed on his knees.

" I don't need to pay attention if you yell before every attack, " she snorted as the green-eyed boy tapped on her hand to signal his surrender. " You should really stop. It's stupid— and a bad habit. "

Rolling onto his back and panting heavily as she released him, he scowled deeply up at the girl... who was pouting, eyes affixed yonder once more.

" What's so important that you have to think about it while sparring? " He pouted.

Mikoto sighed dreamily, thinking of the texture of the noodles, the smell of the dipping sauce, and the refreshing feeling of finishing three plates off in one sitting.

" Food, " she sighed again. The boy snorted.

" You sound like Sasha. "

" Potato Bitch? " Mikoto's nose wrinkled. " I'm not obsessed with food, Green Eyes, I just want something refreshing in this fucking heat. "

Besides, she couldn't help but eventually point out as they made their way to the Mess, he'd dragged her out to the fields for a spar before breakfast— of course she was going to think of food.

The others had tons to say about that.

" Somebody smells rank, " Baldie laughed, waving his hand in front of his face with an exaggerated look of disgust.

The brunet boy by her side peered her way but Mikoto was quick to shut that shit down.

" Don't even, it's not me it's you, " she flicked his forehead and then pulled a face as she wiped his sweat off on his slightly damp shirt. " Maybe take a shower? " He scoffed.

" Before the run we all know Shadis is going to make us do? "

" On that note, I'm going to change into uniform before Instructor Skullface bursts in and has a conniption, " Mikoto drawled, pushing herself back and away from the table.

Grabbing the apple right out Potato Bitch's hand before the girl could take a bite and waving sarcastically as she made her way out.

" Bye, bitches. "