8: Threatening Murder asserts Dominance

Eren's head swam as his vision blurred in and out of focus

Distantly, he could hear people yelling and the familiar whip-like bite of... someone's, barks but he just couldn't place... where was he? Wasn't he... Where were the Titans...? Titans...

" I suggest you get those motherfucking guns out of my face if you don't want me to shove them up your— "

" I'll... I'll kill you all... " he slurred out.

" Eren? " Who was calling his name...?

His vision blurred once more before it sharpened, his head finally clearing to see... a close-up of Armin's face? What? Pushing himself upright he realized that he'd been leaning against the visibly shaken-looking blond, with a very concerned Mikasa hovering just over behind Armin, and a seriously pissed-off looking Mikoto (brandishing her blades but without her ODM gear) firmly placing herself between them and Garrison troops... with canons? Pointing their way? 

What?

" Did you hear that?! " Someone yelled from among them. " He said he'd kill us all! "

" Eren, can you move? Are you yourself again? " Armin questioned, a trembling hand on Eren's shoulder and nervous energy seeping out of every pore. " Tell them everything you know! " He shook him lightly. " I'm sure they'll understand! "

" What...? " The green-eyed boy blinked, still somewhat dazed. " What's going on? "

" Oh? Is he lucid now? " A very familiar whip-like voice cut in moments before he was yanked forward by his shirt. Firey gray eyes bore into his confused green. " Eren fucking Jaeger how dare you fucking die on me after I told you not to?! "

That snapped him to reality real quick.

" You— you called me Eren! " Mikoto was very much not enthused.

" We just pulled you out of a goddamn Titan and that's what you're fucking focused on?! " Eren balked.

" Wait, what?! What do you mean you pulled me out of a Titan? What happened? "

Mikoto and Armin shared a look, the blond boy just about to open his mouth to explain the situation to Eren when—

" Cadets Jaeger, Ackerman, Rothschild and Arlert! Your present behavior is high treason! What do you have to say in your defence? " Section Leader Woermann accused from afar, the shake of his voice evident despite his deep glare. " If you try anything deceitful or attempt to make a move, the artillery will open fire on you! We will not hesitate! "

" Fucking cunt... " Mikoto spat, rising to her feet as Eren remained as confused as ever.

" I ask of you: What are you? A human or a Titan?! " Woermann hollered shrilly.

What? What did he mean by that? Am I human or a Titan...?

" I... " Eren frowned, his head spinning. " I don't understand the question, sir! "