11: The Survey Corps is filled with Weirdos

" I'm going to kill that short fruitcake, " Mikasa muttered murderously for the nth time

" I'm going to kill that short fruitcake, " Mikasa muttered murderously for the nth time. Mikoto sighed, shaking her head as she watched the girl basically pace a hole into the floor.

Mikasa had been a caged animal ever since Eren had been ghosted away to some undisclosed location by the Survey Corps. More than once, Mikoto (and Armin) had to physically wrangle Mikasa from doing something stupid— like stealing a horse from the Garrison's stables and going off to search all of Wall Rose for her brother.

" Okay, first, I'm supposed to be the murderous one out of us 'twins', not you, " the redhead commented. " Second, he kinda had to kick the shit out of Eren. There wasn't any other way to convince the Premier to, y'know, not execute Eren otherwise. " She would kmow, she was kind of in on the plan but was not nearly stupid enough to let Mikasa know that.

Third and finally, she had the sense not to verbalize, Captain Levi is the Section Leader in charge of the Special-Ops Division of the Survey Corps. Commanding a singular (basically) autonomous squad that specializes in doing the shit that no one else can.

Besides the fact that they created a whole new rank of 'Captain' for him within the Survey Corps, kicking the shit out of the man known as Humanity's Strongest Soldier— if you could manage to land a hit— who happened to be a senior officier wouldn't come without some repercussions.

" We've never been apart this long before... not since I was taken in...  I'm just worried... how is he being treated right now? " Mikasa's voice might have been even to the layman but anybody who had spent as much time with her as Mikoto and Armin had could hear it waver with worry.

As Mikasa buried the bottom of her face in her scarf, eyes downcast, Armin and Mikoto exchanged meaningful looks. He raised his eyebrows and gestured with his head in a silent prompt for her to say something but Mikoto wrinkled her nose and widened her eyes in reponse. Why he thought she was nuturing and comforting (more so than him) was truly a mystery to her.

Eventually, Armin caved.

" I'm sure they're treating him well, Mikasa... " he assured her in a soothing tone. " We'll see him soon. The operations in Trost is almost over and we'll officially be funneled into our chosen branches. One more week, at most. " Still, Mikasa's hackles didn't settle as she bit her lip worriedly. Armin pinned Mikoto another look.

" Ah, fuck it,  " she sighed as she pushed herself off from the edge of the table she'd been leaning against. " Would it make you feel better if I went to go see how he's doing, Mika? Throw my title around a little? Twist a few arms? "

Mikasa's hackles finally lowered.

Well, that was her answer.

Pulling on her jacket, she went off on her way and found it criminally easy to get to the Survey Corps HQ. She decided that ether every scout had been given the run-down of what she looked like (a weird thought) and was cognizant of her status granting her easy entry, or Commander Eyebrows had mentioned she should be allowed in having expected her to come calling (an even weirder thought).