three; keeping you guessing

recap:

"Welp. Want to go buy some ice cream? The gas station is probably still open." You smiled, shrugging your shoulders.

You could tell Lexi wasn't having the time of her life.

"I thought you'd never ask. This party sucks." She giggled, draping her arm around your shoulders, guiding you both toward the exit.

"I really thought this was going to be fun you know? But I just ended up looking after Cassie and worrying about her the whole time. I don't even know why- she's fine on her own." Lexi sighed, taking off her heels to free her feet from the long walk to the gas station.

"You're a good sister, that's why. I know exactly how you feel. I've just started to ignore the feeling of constantly checking up on her- it kills me but I need to let her make her own mistakes." You sighed with her, taking off your heels aswell.

"I need to learn to take a page from your book every once in a while huh?" Lexi smiled, laughing with you as you begun your journey.

"Hey mamas! We're heading out, you girls want a ride?" Oh goodness.

_________________________________________________

The both of you turned toward the road to see Fez and Ash, in a stopped car next to you, staring at you for a response.

"Uhm... Lex, do you want to go with them?" You turned and whispered to Lexi, earning a somewhat worried look from Lexi.

"I saw them both drinking at the party, it's a little risky." She squirmed in place- obviously feeling a bit uncomfortable.

"Enough said." You nodded, giving her a comforting smile.

"No thanks, we're happy to walk. Thank you for the offer though." You smiled back to the boys, specifically Ash- who was currently checking you out. Again.

"You girls sure? It's pretty late man, creeps are on the streets looking for their next meals." Fez insisted, genuinely feeling concern.

"He's right Y/n... There have been more creeps than usual..." Lexi sighed, giving you a nod to go.

"Alright, but the moment you feel unsafe, we're stopping and walking okay? Just let me know" you smiled at her, squeezing her shoulder before making your way to the car.

"Thank you so much for this." You thanked them, moving over into the next seat to make room for Lexi.

"All good, man. You a friend of Rue's, which makes you a friend of ours." Fez nodded, speaking to the both of us but looking at Lexi.

"Where you heading?" Ash asked you, staring a little too long at you.

"Wherever the closest gas station is." You smiled gratefully.

"So you two were just gonna walk aimlessly till you figured out where the place even was? you don't even know where you're going?" Ash turned to face the two of you completely with an annoyed face.

"We do know where we're going!" You shot back, not loving the judgement.

"Where then?" He shot right back at you.

"The closest gas station!" You repeated, knowing it pissed him off.

"Come on Ash, let's drive." Fez nodded his head for him to start the car.

"Whatever man." Ash scoffed, starting to drive.

"So, why are you ladies leaving the party so early?" Fez striked up some conversation, but you personally though he was just trying to talk to Lexi.