Syd Barrett #3

{𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥}

"It's no good trying to place your hand where I can't see because I understand..." Syd sung, strumming his guitar softly, trying not to wake  (Y/N) up. "...that you're different from me. Yes, I can tell that you can't be what you pretend..."

Little did Syd know, (Y/N) wasn't actually asleep. Why would they sleep when they could be listening to Syd sing? They knew he had gotten better. They knew he would be there to sing to them in the morning, but they still had a little voice in the back of their head telling them to soak up every moment with Syd they could, in case something bad happened. 

"And you're rocking me backwards...and you're rocking towards..." He went on, looking over to (Y/N). He giggled slightly as he saw them, causing him to mess up the song slightly. 

He stopped playing. "Perhaps I should play in the morning, shall I? Let you actually get some sleep?" Syd asked, speaking louder than he had been singing. He put his guitar down. 

"I'm not tireddd. Can we go to the roof?" (Y/N) opened their eyes and started to sit up.  

"I suppose so." Syd chuckled, walking over to them. "You're gonna need a coat. It's cold." 

"That's alright, c'mon." 

The two climbed out of their upstairs window and onto the roof to a spot where they could sit without falling off.

(Y/N) looked up, admiring the stars. "It's beautiful, isn't it, Sydie?"

"It is. Almost as beautiful as you, my darling." He cooed, causing (Y/N) to blush.

"Shuddupppp." They rolled their eyes.

"Never!" Syd grinned. "I'll never shut up!" 

"On second thought, I'm alright with that." They sighed happily.  "I love energetic you."

"Well, then, that's who you'll have." Syd smiled contently.