David Gilmour #4

[ᴰᵃᵛⁱᵈ ᵃⁿᵈ (ʸ/ᴺ) ʰᵃⁿᵈˡⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵉⁱʳ ᶜʰⁱˡᵈ'ˢ ᶠⁱʳˢᵗ ᵈᵃʸ ᵒᶠ ˢᶜʰᵒᵒˡ]

(Y/N) woke up to their alarm at five in the morning, a very rare occurrence. Today was their oldest daughter, Alice's first day of nursery school. They got out of bed and quickly got dressed before walking downstairs to the kitchen. 

(Y/N) started making Alice and their younger child, two-year-old Clare, breakfast. After finishing breakfast, they set the plates out and started packing lunch for Alice. 

While (Y/N) was making Alice's lunch, David walked in. "Good morning, love." He said, sitting down at the table to wait for the children.

"Good morning. Early morning." (Y/N) giggled, finishing the lunch and sitting down next to him. "Should we go wake her up? I think she should start getting ready." They asked, looking up towards the clock, which now read 6:05.

"No, no, let her sleep a little longer..." David sighed. "I'm not ready for her to go." 

"I know, I know...Me neither. She's growing up, Dave. We have to let her." (Y/N) sighed as well, slumping down in her seat.

"I get that, it's like we blinked and she grew up." 

"Well, she's still only five. We still have so many 'firsts' to go." 

"Do we?" David asked, putting his arm around his partner.

"We do. First lost tooth."

"First time at a concert, she should be old enough for that soon."

"And all the firsts that come as she gets older, first date-"

David interrupted. "No, let's not think about that just yet." He chuckled.

"Fair enough, I'm going to go wake Alice up now." (Y/N) sighed, faux exasperation present in their voice.

David smiled slightly and got up to make himself some toast and tea.

(Y/N) walked up the stairs and into their two daughters' shared room. "Alice, honey, time to wake up. It's a big day today, my dear." 

Alice stirred awake, sitting up in bed and rubbing her eyes. "What day is it again, mummy?" She asked.

"It's your first day of nursery school!" 

"It is? It is!" She nodded and practically jumped out of bed, hugging (Y/N).

"Shhh, don't wake Clare up, now come on, let's get dressed and go eat breakfast!" (Y/N) whispered, cheerfully. She walked Alice over to her closet and helped her pick out an outfit.

 After she was dressed, (Y/N) woke Clare up and took the two girls downstairs for breakfast. They had them sit down.

"Good morning, angels!" David grinned, ruffling both girls hair and walking off to get Alice's backpack ready.

After the girls finished breakfast, Alice grabbed her backpack and lunch box, and David, Clare, and (Y/N) walked her to school, which was down the street from their home.

"You ready, big girl?" Asked David, who's eyes were tearing up even though he tried to prevent himself from crying. 

"I'm ready! Are you okay, daddy?" Alice asked, hugging him.

"I'm perfectly fine, darling. I love you!" He sighed.

"I love you too! And I love you, mummy!" She grinned, before running and hugging (Y/N) as well.

"I love you more, princess. Now, go in!" They cheered the small girl on, as Alice ran inside and to her class.

David and (Y/N) walked back home, Dave holding Clare in his arms. "It's okay, baby. She'll be home soon." He comforted Clare, who was whining.

"Are you comforting Clare or yourself?" (Y/N) giggled slightly.

"Both, maybe." He chuckled.