Jonah

(Miley's POV)

Hands trembling, I was thankful I listened in health class. I tore off a strip of Jonah's shirt and tightly tied it around his bleeding leg. I already cleaned off his mouth, and packed his nose with tissues I found in my backpack. His ribs and abdomen were severely bruised, but I was scared of what might happen if I called an ambulance. Marcus, the tall dark skinned guy, has disappeared. I've never seen him before but he wore a Tree Hill High sweatshirt...

Scrambling to my feet, I turned around multiple times. I don't quite know what I was looking for. Help? A way out? A doctor? I kept repeating to myself that this cannot be happening. But no matter how many times I pinched myself, I would not wake up. Sooner or later, my head got very lightheaded. Not because of the blood, or injuries that battered Jonah. No, I could definitely handle that from the countless of times I've, myself, ended up in the ER. This was because... well, I'm not exactly sure about that. I remember seeing blurry figures and hearing loud sirens that were blocked out, but they hurt. My whole body felt like it was convulsing in agony. I remember screaming, my throat ripping raw...

____________________________________________________________________

Beep. Beep. Beep.
Being so farmiliar with those sounds, I knew where I was. Looking around the room, I realized I was in room 216, not the ICU, where I would usually wake up. Antibiotics and other fluids were hooked up to my port (which is attached to my chest; used for IV fluids and blood transplants and chemo, etc.). I also realized there was an empty bag of AB blood hanging from the IV pole. Shaking, I pressed the nurse's call button repeatedly.
A nurse in dark blue scrubs ran in, trying to calm me down.
"No! What happened? Where's my mom? Where's Jonah!?" I shouted more than asked. I couldn't focus what was going on. Blurry images ran around me, sticking me with different needles. In the back of the image my mom was standing there, frantically pacing side to side. She was worried, the kind of look she gets when I relapse...
Would someone please tell me what is going on here?
Then blackness reaches me once again.

_________________________________________________________________

I woke up in the same room. Light was now shining through the small window, crisp breeze sneaking in through the sheer curtains. Rolling onto my side, I see my mom flipping through a magazine.
"Mom," I whisper, but it comes out in a croak.
"Hey," Mom cooed, as she pressed the nurse's button. "How are you feeling?"
"Thirsty..." She fed me a few spoonfuls of ice chips, soothing my sore, cracked throat.
"What... happened...? Jonah..." I felt very groggy, not wanting to think.
"Miley, just focus on getting better, alright?"
"Better?" My voice grew stronger. "Mom. Where is Jonah? What happened?" I frantically searched the room, craning my neck out to see the hallway. Just as the nurse came in I saw him. He was pacing outside the door, hands shoved in his sweatshirt pockets. Before I could say anything, or yell, the doctor shinned bright lights into my eyes.
"Miley, are you in any pain?"
"No... Jonah" I waved the doctors off.
"Miley, we need to talk about what happened, alright? Then you can see Jonah, I promise." Then I saw the dark blue scrubbed nurse take Jonah farther down the hall, out of sight. I sighed, letting the doctor speak.
"You were hallucinating. I'm afraid your cancer has come back full blown. Jonah is not hurt, alright? No one is hurt." No one is hurt? How can you tell that to a cancer patient? Then it clicked.
"Wait... hallucinations? Is my cancer in my brain?"

AUTHORS NOTE:Thanks so much for all the reads! I love y'all so much! There will be another update very soon, I promise! Please keep reading!