Jonah

Jonah Felids is 5'10" with dark brown, shaggy hair and pale green eyes. We've known each other since the second grade and have been best friends ever since.
Jonah has spent many long nights over at my house. No- it's not what you are thinking, we've never even kissed. His family is not the best. He has five younger siblings who all have different moms or dads and his parents never seem to be around.
So, he has been like my twin brother as long as I can remember~ sleeping up to two weeks at our house at a time, and always being there for me.
My parents have never really said anything about this to the police or social services yet because we've been dealing with my leukemia since I was seven. And even when I was in remission, we were still working part time jobs elsewhere to pay off medical bills our insurance doesn't cover.

While my parents went off to the café, Jonah walked over and dragged the blonde wood chair with him next to my bed. My bed is propped up at a 120* angle; Jonah sits down awkwardly in the chair next to me.
He grabs my frail, veiny hand and holds is firm- but not too rough. "I'm so sorry, Miley. I just wanted-" His voice broke off and his head hung against the plastic bars of the bed. His breathes came into gulps as he pinched his eyes closed. I saw tears drop down his face and onto the cold, titled floor.
"I just wanted it to be special," He sobs into the arms of my bed. What to be special? What happened on Friday? Was Jonah there?
"Hey, hey, it's okay, Jonah. Calm down!" I coo as I rub his back- reaching as far as my weak limbs could handle. His head lifts up and I see just how miserable he is. The tender skin around his puffy eyes are red and huge bags of purple sag underneath. His eyebrows are knitted together and his eyes are glossed over and ready to burst. His chin quivers as he opens his mouth to shake out the troubled words he is feeling.
"I had a fever," He gulps, "When I came to spend the night last week," A tear trickles down his soft freckled cheek as he blinks. His nose is closed shut with his cold. "I didn't tell you because I couldn't go back to my home, not after what my dad did-" At that his face crumbled back up and his hand wiped down his face as more tears spill out. "There were things going on at home- im so sorry, Miley, it's all my fault." His tears turn into a shower of salty ash. I let him cry himself into a daze until his head finally shown.
"Jonah- I'm confused- you didn't- what are you talking about? It's OK!" I almost yell at him because we've been whispering all today. When he didn't reply I roll my eyes. "Jonah! I'm serious what is going on?-"
"It's all my fault, Miley! Alright? I. Got. You. Sick. And I'm sorry, God, Miley I'm so sorry-"
"Jonah- what the hell are you talking about? You did NOT get me sick! JONAH! Look. At. Me." I stare into his clear, pale, green eyes. The left one has a large brown freckle in it~ making him unique. "You did not. Get. Me. Sick. You did NOT cause this relapse, you hear me? Relapses happen for so many reasons doctors and scientists can't even explain! Or understand! I was BORN with my disease, and I will DIE with this disease! You can't keep blaming yourself for-" It wasn't until then did I realize I was crying. As Jonah's lips pressed against mine I could feel the salty tears of both of us. His lips were smooth and delicate. His warm hands cupped my face ever so gently as he kissed me passionately. Never moving an inch, his kiss lasted a lifetime until reality flipped back on as he pulled away. His eyes started into mine.
In one quick movement he swung the plastic bed rest down and climbed into the bed with me. His lips went right back to kissing me- his body hovering over me in a push up position, carful of not touching any tubing.
I ran my skinny fingers through his thick hair as his tongue explored my mouth. I but his lip as his kiss hardened and my hand found the hem of his sweatshirt. I tucked my cold hand under the cloth and ran my palm up his chest- Jonah jumping at the cold sensation- as he continued to kiss me. I pulled my hand out from under his sweatshirt and knitted it back into the cave of his hair. With both hands, I clasped them around his neck and pulled forcefully down, closer to my body and making his lips impossibly closer to mine.
I pulled away for a second to look into his eyes. Examining every pin point of his face, so fragile beneath my hands. We both breathes heavily and soon I was gasping for breath. As Jonah easily caught his breath, he quickly jumped out of the bed and pressed the Nurse's button.
He grabbed behind him into a basket and pulled out an oxygen mask. He looped it around my mouth and nose, and hooked the mask up to the oxygen connected up to the bed.
Perkins ran in and took over as she helped me breathe. I clutched the clear mask and sucked in all the oxygen my lungs could hold. After a few minutes my breathing slowed and I closed my eyes- hand still on the mask.
"What happened?!" My mothers shock cut the silence as she ran toward my bed and pointed her panic stricken face towards Perkins.
"Calm down Mrs. DeSalvo. Heart arithmias aren't uncommon for leukemia patients who just undergone severe relapse and a huge swap in high dosages of medications. Please, step back. Both of you." My mom and Jonah immediately stepped back as Perkins slowed my breathing and left me alone again in my room.