1. 1 The Price That Must Be Paid

Horikita POV

It has been some time since the unanimous exam. I've had a lot of issues with my classmates, and I only deal with Kushida's. I'm not sure about the others, such as Hasebe, Shinohara, and Mei Yu Wang. But I'm glad they're back, even if it's without my intervention. At the very least, they recognise the significance of their presence in this class.

Furthermore, I recalled my conversations with Hasebe a few days ago. I didn't apologize to her because I believe it is an unnecessary thing to do.

I didn't regret my decision at all if I have opportunities to repeat that occasion for the second time. I will not hesitate to make the same decision. My response will remain the same. Kushida will be saved by me.

The reason I only apologised to Ayanokouji and not to the rest of his group. Because I feel bad for causing Ayanokouji to suggest his friend's name, and it's also my fault for breaking our agreement. First and foremost, Ayanokouji and I agreed to remove Kushida.

I know my decision is selfish from his perspective, and I'm afraid I've already made him dislike me more.

But this is the price of my judgment. Even if all of my classmates didn't like it, or if certain people already despised me. I'm prepared to face their anguish and rage.

When I walked into the classroom, I noticed Kushida sitting in her seat. She ignored me and the rest of the students in the class. They didn't give it much thought because, after all, most of them are afraid Kushida will leak their secrets.

The atmosphere in the class isn't great, but it's not as bad as it could be. There was just an awkward tension that filled the entire room.

I changed my intention to the empty seat near the window on the right side of the classroom. He hasn't arrived yet, so where is he?

One minute later, the bell will ring.

I wonder, is he sick?

When the bell rang I still saw his empty seat, and then Chabashira-sensei came in. With two students followed her steps. A boy with brown hair that matched his orbs, more precisely, it looks like a golden pupil. However, Ichinose Honami from class 2-C is an outlier. She was standing next to Ayanokouji.

The entire class was perplexed; no one could comprehend what was going on. I could see that his friends were also unable to comprehend what was going on. Otherwise, I have seen Karuizawa's pierced eyes by chance. She avoided her boyfriend's gaze, which had been fixed on her since the moment he walked into this class.

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka is no longer a student in our class. He will be placed in class 2-C."

This announcement break our silence, most of us trapped in confusion. Furthermore, I could see Hasebe-san's objections right away.

"Kiyopon, what does this mean? You're transferring to Ichinose-san's class? What exactly happened to you?"

Her internalised rage was exploding. Her eyes were teary, her voice was trembling, as if she despises this idea the most.

"Do I really need to explain?"

His tone is icy. His eyes don't seem to be interested in answering her inquiries.

"Of course, you have to explain! What is wrong with you that you want to change classes?!"

Ike was enraged. As Sudou attempted to reassure him.

"I don't think my presence is required for this class. I am not significant in this class, unlike Yousuke, Kei, or Horikita who have a large influence and important position. This class can move forward with or without me."