1. 4 Inadequacy of Normality

Kiyotaka's POV

Ichinose Honami occupies the position of "the girl who's always be the center of attention" in her class.

She's expected to be good in everything, she is good in P.E., she is very eloquent and charismatic girl, she's smart and she's among the top in our year.

If there was one sentence to describe Ichinose, it would be that she is genuinely kind-hearted, benevolent, and a pacifist to the core who is against the use of underhanded means and violence.

One of her main traits is her selfless and supportive personality, combined with her excellent social skills and being naturally people-oriented.

As I stated before, she is also a charismatic, energetic person, and extends her sweet and benign character even to those of the lower classes and levels, unlike many students around her age.

I've never once seen her engaged in any sort of atrocious arguments between her friends or classmates. She's such a good and heartwarming leader for them.

She's very hard working person, nowdays she's regular at the Student Council's room, she leaves early from class and arrives late to dormitory because she has to visit council time to time for Sport Festival preparation.

Though "always busy," she is by no means ignoring her duties as class leader.

The leader of class 2-C.

More than that, she's a girl who embodies what a class president of student council should be.

Her prim and proper uniform, her good manners and good behavior, how incredibly serious and loved by the teachers she is, puts her on the endangered species list in this day and age even if you count manga and anime.

The way she holds herself makes you wonder if she's been a class leader her entire life and is going to be one in some capacity even after graduating.

In other words, a class leader among class leaders. The only normal and decent leader in this abnormal school.

Possibly a class leader chosen by the gods, as one person has been rumoring like it's the unvarnished truth (that would be me).

I was joking about that.

Obviously, I have no intention to be a such in troublesome position like class leader.

Either in my previous class or the current one, I don't intend to be noticed by anyone.

I and Ichinose were in different classes our first, but after I tranferred to her class in the middle of second year, now we were placed together.

"Hey, Ayanokouji-kun shouldn't you go home now?"

Those words snapped me out of my daze as I realized that sky was already turning into orange.

I was seated in the corner of this class, certainly similar with my old seat in class 1-D.

"You don't go home yet, Ichinose?"

"If you aren't going to, do you want to accompany me here for a moment, Ayanokouji-kun?"

The person saying this, Ichinose Honami, immediately sat down in front of me with a pile of documents.

Isn't that too excessive of working for her to do alone?

"I am sorry if you find me as nuisance, but I won't bother you further. I just need someone to accompany me while I am checking this documents."

With her pitiful expression her hands placing in front of her chest as begging for my approval. With that kind of persuasion, I couldn't say no to Ichinose.