𝗌𝖾𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗀𝖺𝗂𝗇.) 1

-does not follow euphoria dialogue

-whole book is pre season 2!

Athena's pov

it's been about 2 years since rue had taken me into the shop, ashtray, had stopped giving me his bitchy attitude and instead,
started to warm up to me.

we talked, mostly about if I would ever consider taking pills, which I shook my head to.

"I've seen what the shit does to people," I responded, ash shrugged.

"don't knock it until you try it." he laughs

I was surprised to see ashtray smile.

sure ashtray gives a slight grin but that's only one in a while.

rue and I began to come closer, due to me seeing her going to the shop often.

it was the first year of 7th grade when I noticed ashtray not coming to school.

i felt the need to talk to him, but he was always a closed off guy, so I never had brung it up.

❤︎☀︎︎❦☹︎❦☀︎︎❤︎
a week after the first day of 7th grade.

"gia!" I called out, I opened her house door.

her mom had always kept a spare key.

i was supposed to be studying with her, but couldn't focus.
she shrugged it off and stood up.

"take my hand," she said in a sing-sung voice.

i smiled and took her hand.

she took me out the door, and we got our bikes out of the garage, and started riding down the hill. California was always pretty, especially during sunset hour.

"where the hell are we going." I ask her,

she looks at me, "uh- I don't know," I laugh at my bestfriend,

we were already on the road of fez's shop, and I wanted to ask where ashtray had been.

yeah I know, I said I wasn't gonna say anything but it was itching to know he wasn't at school.

i had the tiniest, tiny, tiny crush on him.

we pulled up to the blue store, where we were happily greeted by fez, and i introduced them to each other.
afterwards I ask if ashtrays here.
which he nods his head to.

"y'all better not be buying anything." fez said, which I nod to, before turning around and winking.

gia on the other hand was confused.

"do you like him?" she asked me.

i turn my head.

"gia, he's like 18, no." i deadpanned.