14

14 : season 1 episode 4Some Wrecked Angel part 3⏣

Some Wrecked Angel
part 3

My breathing became heavy as I ran further into the woods.

I could feel a set of eyes on me, following me, and slowly but surely gaining on me.

I dug my heels into the ground, spinning round on the spot.

"Where the fuck are you?!" I screamed, looking around the woods, the tree branches blocking a lot of the light.

Deep and heavy breathing was the only reply I received.

I stayed in the same spot, waiting for something to happen.

I felt a hand slowly grip onto my shoulder and a low growl rumble, sending shivers down my spine.

I took a deep breath before slowly turning to face the creature.

It was dark but I could easily make out the Burned One standing in front of me, towering over me.

It's hand dropped from my shoulder as we stood watching each other.

"What are you waiting for?" I asked it, my adrenaline running at an all time high.

"Attack me." I spoke again, voice at a usual tone.

"Do it!" I demanded.

It didn't move.

"Fucking do it!" I pushed it back, causing it to stumble slightly before regaining balance.

It slowly crept toward me, my chest heaving.

Just as I thought it was going to attack, it stopped moving.

I tilted my head to the side as it slowly crouched, bowing before me.

"What are you doing?" I asked it, watching as it stayed bent down as if it was waiting for me to do something.

"Ava?" A familiar voice broke the silence.

My head shot round to face whoever spoke.

"Bloom? What are you doing here?" I asked the ginger who stood, clearly frightened by the sight in front of her.

"I was worried, Riven said you attacked him? He's bleeding." She explained, not taking her eyes off the creature in front of me.

"He deserved it." I shrugged, folding my arms.

"Just, come back with me. Where we'll be safe." She carefully held her arm out to me.

"No." I spoke simply.

"What?" She glanced at me, taken aback, before returning her gaze to the Burned One.

"I said no. I'm not safe there, in that shit show of a school. I'm safe here, where no one can judge me or accuse me of killing my family." I fully turned to face her.

I heard the Burned One's breathing deepen again but the change in its demeanour slipped by her unnoticed.

"No body thinks that, Ava." Bloom offered me a fake smile.

"Fuck off! They do, Bloom, and don't even try and deny that you haven't thought that too. I mean, a dark fairy? Of course that means she's trouble, that she can't be trusted. You're all just scared of me! Scared that I'm more powerful than you and that I'm capable of things you aren't! That I might be your downfall! Well I'll tell you what! I'm this close to blowing this god forsaken school to pieces!" I yelled, making Bloom flinch.

The Burned One stood up, stepping between the two of us.

"Ava...what are you doing?" Bloom asked, stepping back.

"Embracing it." I smirked, the Burned One letting out a deep growl.

Bloom turned and began to run.

The Burned One turned to me as if asking for permission.

I waved it off and it chased after her.

There was a small worry in the back of Ava's head that her father would catch up with her eventually, but until then? She's just going to keep working.

She's been through enough shit to know what she's capable of, people better watch their backs, a storms coming, and it's not scared to cause destruction.