17

17 : season 1 episode 5Wither Into the Truth

Wither Into the Truth

17 : season 1 episode 5Wither Into the Truth

"That'll be attempt five for Bloom and Sky." Aisha informed Dowling as we walked past them.

Aisha had got bored of the training drills, Musa was asked to be an emotional check in and I had completed all of the drills on my first try so the three of us were now helping the faculty keep an eye on the progress within the student body.

"And?" Dowling asked.

"He slightly winded. She's frustrated, but neither of them are fatigued." Musa informed her.

"Good." Dowling nodded as Aisha read over something on her clipboard.

"I know that they know that I'm reading them, but it still feels invasive." Musa sighed.

I looked up at Sky, receiving a wink in reply making me smile. I scanned around the training ground and caught Riven giving me a hurt puppy look before turning back to his conversation with Terra.

"What was that about?" Aisha asked me as Musa and Dowling continued talking.

"It's a long story." I sighed.

"Let me guess, Riven's still in love with you but you have developed feelings for you friend's ex boyfriend who is also your other friend's boyfriend?" Aisha asked.

"They're not actually dating!" I snapped before realising how it sounded. "Sorry."

"You sound jealous." Aisha laughed.

"I'm not, believe me. Besides you're theory is wrong as Riven is incapable of loving someone other than himself." I sent her a sarcastic smile.

"You're not wrong there." She laughed again as I joined in.

"We need to talk." Silva pulled me away from Aisha.

I nodded, allowing him to lead me into the specialist hall.

"Dowling wants you to join my training instead of Professor Harvey's class. This means I expect a more frequent report." Silva explained.

"Why?" I asked, confused as Harvey's class wasn't optional for first years.

"Your job is to take orders and complete them, not ask questions, got that?" Silva's demeanour changed to become more stern.

"Okay." I nodded before being dismissed.

I walked back out onto the training grounds to be greeted by Riven.

"What was that about?" He asked, motioning to the hall.

"Nothing that concerns you." I sent him a fake smile before trying to leave.

He pulled my arm back and brought me into a kiss.

I pushed him off before glancing around to see if anyone saw.

"Who are you looking for? Sky?" Riven prised.

"Just...just back off, yeah? My head isn't in the right place for your mind games right now." I sighed, running a hand through my hair before walking off.

"Sorry. Force of habit." Musa hid her phone as Terra walked past before bringing it back out again.

"Well, I guess now you know Sam and I are kinda together, it-" She started to explain.

"Please keep doing it. I don't want to accidentally see a weird sext from...bleurgh, my brother!" Terra laughed.

"In you mind, I just sit on my bed, listening to grunge, doing runes homework and sexting your brother, don't I?" Musa asked as she sat down on the end of my bed, moving my feet to rest on her lap as I lay down.

"Just a few more plants, and there it won't feel so ghostly in there." Terra ignored her question while picking up more plants.

"Stella plant exorcism, is it?" I joked.

"No, it's just an empty room really creeps me out." Terra denied. "And, you know, it's been a week. We have to accept that she's not coming back, no matter how much we wonder how she's doing or text or call or check her insta, snap, tumblr-" Terra started rambling.

"What. Do you miss Stella?" Musa asked.

"No! She was mean and insulting and...and...and left without saying goodbye, which is actually the meanest thing she could've done." Terra shook her head before walking out.

"So..." Muss turned to me, making me take my headphones out.

"Yes?" I asked with a smile.

"Is this Sky's jacket or Riven's?" Musa asked, tugging on the sleeve of the specialist training jacket I was wearing.

"Sky's..." I smiled, looking down at the jacket.

"A new crush?" Musa asked with a smirk.

"Ugh, I don't know. I love spending time with Sky, even though I haven't known him that well for that long but Riven kissed me earlier and I guess I miss our arguing cause it made me think more, but then again I love how Sky always finds a way to make an awkward situation funny." I stared out the window.

"Riven kissed you?" Musa gasped.

"Yeah but I pushed him away." I nodded.

"Seems like you can't catch a brake." She sighed.

"God, you have no idea." I laughed.

"You should get some sleep, you need it." Musa told me, her eyes glowing purple as she entered my mind.

I nodded, slipping my legs under the duvet as she stood up.

I flicked off the light switch and lay down, staring at the ceiling, a million thoughts running through my head.

The one that scared me the most?

The fact that my dad hadn't made contact with me for over two weeks.