FOUR

Bailey drove herself and Stu to her house, packing some things for Tatum and Sidney's sleepover. Sidney didn't want to be alone in her house after what had happened the night prior. She was scared, everyone was. The two girls understood and quickly agreed to the sleepover.

"Do you really have to go?" Stu pouted at his girlfriend. In all honesty he was worried for her. It wasn't like him and Billy would hurt Bailey.

No, of course not. She's too pure for this world. Stu was only worried that she would do something to protect her friends and end up being the one hurt. Stu would kill himself if something happened to her.

Letting out a small sigh, the brunette glanced towards the boy laying on her bed. "Yes, Stu. You know how scary it is to be alone right now."

"Exactly! You shouldn't be alone. I think you should stay with me, or with your parents."

"I won't be alone, I'll be with Tate and Sid. I thought we went over this."

Stu grumbled under his breath. "Stupid, Tatum." He knew the strawberry blonde girl had some sort of affection towards his girlfriend. He didn't like it.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!"

Shaking her head, Bailey grabbed the sides of Stu's face giving him small kisses all over. "My parent's are also gonna be out of town remember."

"Shit. Of course I remembered." He admired the girl standing in front of him. "So, you're house is parent free, huh?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Pushing his face away from hers, Bailey wasn't able to reply as small steps padded through the hall. Entering her room was her small Dachshund dog, Beau. "Aw! Bowie, come here." The girl grabbed her dog, turning him to face Stu.

"Not when my kid is here."

"Our Kid." The boy corrected.

"Our kid. Anyways, I gotta head to the video store before picking up Sid." She grabbed Beau, her bag, and Beau's bag before looking expectantly at her boyfriend. "Do you need somewhere to be? I can drop you off."

Stu was immediately up and running towards her, helping with her bags. "You can just drop me off at my place." That's when he suddenly took in all her words. "Wait. You're picking up Sidney?"

"Yeah, why?" Bailey looked at her boyfriend in concern at his demeanour. He had been acting entirely weird for the past couple of days.

He shook his head, needing to figure out how to keep his Bailey away from what was about to occur at the Prescott residence. "Are you okay, Stu? You've been acting weird all day."

"I'm fine. I'm always weird, aren't I?"

She shook her head. "Weirder than normal."

"Look, just drop me off at my place, all right?" He didn't waste any time taking off towards Bailey's car.

Bailey frowned, she hadn't meant to start any problems. "Why was he so upset?" She muttered to Beau before following the direction Stu left.

•••

Bailey had just dropped Stu off, eventually making her way to the video store. Leaving a sleeping Beau in the car, she saw Randy stocking some new films. "Hey, Dee!"

He turned in delight, hearing the voice of one of his closest friends. "Hey, 'Bails. What brings you to the best video store ever. Hope you didn't miss me too much."

"Shut up." She lightly pushed past him. "I'm actually here for, 'All the Right Moves'. Tom Cruise is in it and apparently if you pause it perfectly, you can see his penis." She whispered the last part more quietly, as if it was some top secret thing.

Randy chuckled, brushing his arm above her head grabbing the film. "I don't think Stu would like to hear you say that." He handed her the film. "But, hey! You like what you like."

Taking the film in her hands, Bailey gave a small laugh. "Not me, dingus. Tatum."

"Right, gotcha. So, you're having a sleepover? Without me?" He gave a mock look to the girl. "I'm highly offended."

"You really want to spend your night with three girls?" She rose her eyebrows. "Don't answer that." She held up her hand seeing his smirk.

The two chatted up as Bailey was paying for the film. Sending a small 'goodbye' to Randy, she made her way to the library that was around. She had had an hour to spare before she needed to pick up Sidney.

•••

A couple minutes.

It was only supposed to be a couple of minutes. Bailey had started to read 'The Poet' by Michael Connelly and she couldn't put the book down. She now understood why Randy loved horror movies so much. It was cool.

However, as five minutes turned into thirty, Bailey realised it was way past seven. Putting the book away and grabbing Beau, in a split-second Bailey was now in her car driving to Sidney's house.

"Shit. I hope Tatum's there." Arriving at the Prescott household, Bailey saw tons of police cars. Parking her green buggy and leaving Beau in the front seat, she saw Sidney look worn out.

"Sidney! Oh, shit." Abruptly, Sidney was wrapped in the girls arms. "I'm so sorry! I got caught up at the library."

Dewey's voice broke her out of her intrusive thoughts. Bailey turned to the man. "I'm sorry, Bailey, but this is an official crime scene."

"Crime scene?" Appalled, she looked for any injuries on Sidney. Thankfully there was nothing too severe. "What happened?"

"Look Bailey, you can't be here." Dewey interrupted.

Sidney held on to the girls hands a little too tight. "No, it's all right. She's here to pick me up."

A minute later, Tatum's red car was parked on the side. "Holy shit! 'Bails, Sid! Are you guys okay?" Tatum had found out that Bailey was late on picking up Sidney. Unfortunately her cheer practice ran late so she wasn't able to be there on time either.

"Tatum, what are you doing here?" Dewey asked his sister.

"Their parents are out of town. They're staying with us."

"Does mom know?"

Tatum rolled her eyes at him, she just wanted her friends safe and away from the mess. "Yes, doofus."

Sheriff Burke suddenly came into view. "Vultures are starting to come in. Let's get you girls out of here, okay?"

With the help of Tatum, Sidney was escorted into a squad car. "We'll meet you at the station." Sidney nodded her head at her words, too in shock to say anything.

Bailey gave Sidney a kiss on the cheek. "You'll be okay." She muttered, not knowing what else to say. She really needed better ways to console her friends. Bailey walked towards her car ignoring Gale Weathers, watching as Tatum did the same though in a more aggressive way.

Bailey was on her way to the police station, thinking about the whole attack. Why would someone want to hurt Sidney? It's not like she had done anything wrong.

It got Bailey thinking. Clearly these attacks won't stop. Three murders had already happened, whose to say another won't. A shaky breath left her mouth. Woodsboro was not prepared for what was coming.