SIX

After thirty minutes of Tatum running on about the nice swing Sidney pulled, they finally made it to the Riley's residence. Greeting Mrs. Riley politely, the three girls walked up to Tatum's room, unpacking their things.

After changing into their pyjamas, Sidney settled herself onto the extra bed next to Tatum's. While Bailey plopped onto Tatum's bed face first, as they always shared during sleepovers. Beau laying in his small bed Tatum got awhile ago.

Tatum moved to lay next to Bailey with her stuffed bunny in hands. "God, I loved it. 'Don't worry, I'll send you a copy'. BAM! Bitch went down." The strawberry blonde imitated the actions earlier that night with her bunny.

Bailey looked up at the same time Sidney turned her head. She let out a small laugh while Sidney could only give a small smile.

"I'll send you a copy. BAM! Sid- Super-bitch." Tatum was now sitting up, helping Bailey move her head onto her lap.

"Sidney, I will forever idolise you." Bailey sighed, eyes closed with a cheerful smile.

Dewey then came in holding an ice pack for Sidney. "Hey, here's some ice for your right hook."  Sidney caught it, putting it on her right hand. "I'm just in the room next door. Get some sleep, all right."

Before he left, Sidney stopped him. "What about my dad? Any words?"

"I'm sorry, Sid. We're trying our best, we're looking. If you need anything, you know..."

Tatum waved her brother away. "Yeah, yeah, yeah."

Bailey sat up a bit. "Goodnight, Dewey."

"Night, 'Bails."

They all heard the phone ring, though ignoring it knowing Mrs. Riley would take care of it.

Tatum played with Bailey's hair, while the brunette played with the hem of her shirt. "I've missed this, you know? Sleepover at Riley's."

"We should do this more often." Tatum exclaimed, watching Sidney's mood damper down. The two girls who shared a bed peered at each other. They didn't know how to make her feel better. Feel safer.

Bailey got up from her position, sighing. "Hey, I'm gonna go for a quick walk."

"What? Why?" Tatum was quick to grab her hand, while Sidney abruptly sat up. "You're not gonna walk outside, at night, alone." The two girls spoke at the same time.

"I'll be fine. I just need to get my mind off things. Please."

"No."

"Tatum."

Sighing, the girl let go of her hand. "You better come back safe and sound, 'Bails. I'm serious."

With one glance, Bailey left the room. Smiling softly at Mrs. Riley notifying her that she'd be out for a short walk. The older woman was about to disagree, however Bailey left before she could utter a single word.

•••

It was late, past midnight and Bailey had just gotten back to the Riley's house. Everyone was asleep, which the brunette was thankful for. Tiptoeing to the closest bathroom near Tatum's room, she closed the door looking at her reflection.

Wiping her tears and her wet nose, she tries her best to compose herself. "I miss you so much, Tommy." The girl splashed water on her face. "I'm so sorry."

She took one small shaky breath before walking towards Tatum's room. The two girls on a bed each were sleeping quietly. Trying her best not to wake up Tatum, she climbed into her bed getting comfy before the last thing she saw was darkness. 

•••

It was the next morning, the three girls were up and ready for school.

Bailey wore a white button down shirt, two buttons near the top of the shirt left unbuttoned. Her shirt tucked into dark denim straight legged jeans. Her hair left down, too lazy to do anything with it. Plain white shoes to top it all off.

The group were all having breakfast while the news was on. "Sidney Prescott, daughter of Maureen Prescott. Who was brutally killed last year when..." Bailey tuned out the rest of the words.

Tatum rubbed Sidney's shoulder trying to give her some form of comfort.

Suddenly, Dewey changed the channel. "An eighteen year old, high school student, Jeremy Alonzo, was found in the woods dead last night. The victim had a plastic bag over their head, having been suffocated..." That got everyone's attention.

"Another student was found dead?" Bailey looked at the TV in shock. What the hell was happening in Woodsboro.

"Holy shit." Everyone in the room didn't know what else to say. Tatum took the words right out of their mouths.

Holy shit was right.

Mrs. Riley walked over to the table, her eyes full of disbelief. "I think you girls should be staying home." Tatum was quick to disagree, feeling it was better to be around people.

Dewey cleared his throat, catching everyone's attention. "Billy was released." He was careful with his words. "His cellular bill was clean. He didn't make those calls. He for sure didn't kill that student." He motioned to the TV.

"Somebody called me last night. They called me, and I'm not making this up." Sidney felt her throat tighten. It meant the killer was still out there in Woodsboro, and they had made another kill.

"I know, Sid. We've been checking every cellular account in the county. Any calls that were made to you, or Casey, are being cross-referenced. We're going to find him, but it'll take some time."

No one said a word. Bailey had officially lost her appetite. Grabbing Sidney's hand, she made eye contact with the girl. Bailey didn't know how to comfort the girl when she was scared shitless herself. Hell, she had been outside alone last night.

She sent her a reassuring smile, even though she knew it wouldn't help.