SEVEN

The girls were being dropped off by Dewey as everyone thought it would be better to make sure Sidney felt safe, as well as the other girls. Tatum, Dewey, and Bailey all got out of the car, Sidney was reluctant however grabbed her bag and got out.

"Hey, it's only school. You'll be safer here." Dewey eased Sidney's worries, only a bit.

Not even letting the poor girl breathe, reporters got into Sidney's face. "Hey! Back up. She just wants to go to school." Dewey pushed everyone back, letting the two girls help Sidney past.

"The people want to know, Sidney!"

Bailey turned around, still walking the same pace as the other two. Lifting up her middle fingers, it was clear on her face that she did not want to deal with any reporters. "Assholes." She whispered under her breath.

"They have a right to know!"

Sidney stopped walking, looking to the side. She grabbed both girls arms to stop them as well. "What's wrong?" Tatum asked, looking around.

"Just a second." She walks over to the news van where Gale Weathers sat, fixing her makeup.

"Oh, Sid." Bailey sighed, putting her head on Tatum's shoulder watching as Sidney walked away. "Fucking, Gale Weathers."

The two girls watched as Sidney and Gale conversed, mostly talking about the case that happened last year. "God, let's go save our girl." Tatum said before her and Bailey swiftly walked towards the two.

"Nice welt, sweetie." Bailey spoke, in the most monotonous voice. "Come on, Sid. Let's go."

Gale and Sidney hadn't broken eye contact. "The killer is still on the loose. Isn't he?" Gale asked, still, it sounded more like a statement.

"Ignore her." Tatum grabbed Sidney's arm, noticing the look on her face. "Let's go, Sid." She spoke more clearly.

"Those murders, they're related." Gale kept nagging Sidney. However, somewhere in the pit of Bailey's stomach made her believe Gale's words.

The two girls were able to get Sidney away from the reporter. "I'm sorry I mangled your face, by the way." Nothing on Sidney's face showed she was sorry, well, maybe a little.

They all started walking back towards the school, ignoring the annoying voice of Gale. "Can she just stop already." Bailey scoffed at Gale's poor attempts at interviewing Sidney.

"God, news reporters are the literal worst." Tatum said, laughing with the other girl. "Don't look so down, Sid. She has no idea what she's talking about."

"Exactly! It's most likely just some made up bullshit." They all made it towards their lockers, thankful they were near each other.

Bailey noticed her boyfriend standing there, looking a bit tense. She furrowed her eyebrows as he took deep breaths. It was no lie to Bailey that Stu was being a bit suspicious. Maybe that was a silly observation, but she noticed things about people. Especially her own boyfriend.

The way he would come to see her, then leave unexpectedly making up some far-fetched lie. Some would think he was cheating, Bailey thinks it's a good alibi. She took notice of the small scratches and bruises all over his body at times. No doubt from victims trying to save themselves. 

Shaking her head, the girl walked over to Stu. "Hey, sweets." She wrapped her arms around his neck, making him lean down to give her a small kiss. The girl was thankful she got her mother's genes, having been 5'7, just a little shorter than Stu.

"I told you not to call me that." He frowned, his arms still by his girls waist as she opens her locker.

She chuckled at his face. "It's why I do it." She looked to the side, as Tatum and Sidney talked. Bailey understood why Sidney felt like she shouldn't be at school. She was almost killed, yet here she was. She looked at Sidney, observing her features, her stance, the way she would glance down the hall obviously looking for Billy.

Well, to Bailey it was obvious. She was an observer. It's how she got through life, it's also how she knew.

Moving her sight to Stu, it was now undeniable he was at Sidney's last night.  Take in, he was using her mirror to look at himself. Now, others would say he was checking himself out. Bailey says he was checking out the small subtle bump, unnoticeable unless you were up close.

"Must you be so adorably clueless." She took the mirror, putting it back in her locker just as she shut it close.

"Hey! You're not making me very happy, right now."

"Oh please, Stu. Just seeing me makes you happy."

"Yeah, it does." He smirked, pulling her close. The two were interrupted by Sidney's voice, making Stu grumble.

"So, I haven't seen Billy around." Sidney looked at Stu, knowing he was the one to know anything about Billy. "He must be really pissed, huh?"

Bailey felt him stiff up at her words, making her smirk.

"You did brand him the Candyman. And you know Billy, he's always pissed." Stu's words made Bailey silently nod, mostly at the last bit. "But no, his heart's broken."

Tatum reached over the brunette in front of him, pushing Stu's shoulder. "Stu!"  

"Ow! Geez, she always attacks me, you know?" He told Bailey, hugging her from behind.

Bailey shook her head. "Be a bit more sensitive, okay sweets?"

Down the hall, was a loud shriek. Everyone turned at the noise, watching as a student wearing a ghost face mask ran down the hall. The person kept getting into everyone's faces. Bailey scrunched her nose, rolling her eyes at the sound of Stu's laughter.

"Why are they doing this?" Sidney asked, turning to her friends with a hurt expression.

Bailey was about to console her best friend, but Stu beat her to it. "Are you kidding?" He looked at her in disbelief. "Look around, Sid. It's like an early Christmas present."

"Stu, stop." Bailey shoved him, giving him a look.

That's when Sidney left, that was also when Tatum had enough. "You're so stupid." She took her lollipop from her mouth and hit his forehead. "I'll see you later, okay 'Bails?"

She nodded, just as the strawberry blonde left for first period as Sidney was gone by the time she turned to follow. 

"Let's go, Stu." The bell had rung a couple of minutes ago. Bailey and Stu walked to English together, both having it first period.

Stu watched as his girlfriend's eyebrows were scrunched together, and her mouth turned down. "Don't tell me you're mad at me too. Come on, 'Bails!"

Bailey didn't answer, finding it humorous hearing him follow like a lost puppy.