FIVE

At the police station, Bailey stood behind Sidney her arms on her shoulders. They weren't able to locate Neil Prescott, Sidney's dad. They wanted to contact him in hopes of having him come home, not only for Sidney's safety but for his.

"Do you think he could have stayed somewhere else, Sid?" Bailey wondered in a soft voice, not wanting to annoy Sidney.

Sidney rubbed one hand on her forehead, and the other rubbing Beau who sat on her lap. "I don't know." Her eyes were closed and it was clear the tiredness was evident in her voice. "I mean, it's possible."

"Don't worry, Sid. We'll find him." Dewey did his best to console the girl, putting a hand on her knee reassuringly. He left a moment after to take care of the costume he had found.

Bailey noticed Sidney looking to her side. In the Sheriff's office sat Billy and his dad. "Do you really think it's him?" Noticing the look Sidney gave her, she was quick to shake her head. "I mean this is Billy we're talking about. You're boyfriend. Our friend since middle school."

Sidney didn't say anything. Bailey understood, now feeling bad about even doubting her best friend. Despite Billy being Bailey's friend for years, she did think he was a little creepy.

She took a long look at him, squinting her eyes slightly in suspicion. Making eye contact with the boy, she didn't look away.

Sidney spoke to Tatum and Bailey about how Billy snuck into her bedroom window and the two shared small kisses. Bailey thought it was odd he had snuck into her room just to do the same thing they did at school and in public.

Maybe it was for more privacy. Maybe it was for a good alibi.

The brunette shook her head from her thoughts. Breaking the eye contact she held with Billy. She had to stop listening to Randy's theories.

Fifteen minutes later, Billy was being dragged out by two officers. "Sidney! You know me. 'Bails!" The girl's eyes widened, not thinking he would have called her out. "Come on. You two know me!"

The two girls ignored the pleas of the boy. Bailey put a hand on Sidney's shoulder. "You're gonna be okay, Sid."

Walking past Billy, Tatum came into view. "Sid! 'Bails!" She didn't waste any time before crouching next to Sidney, grabbing both girls hands. "Oh, Sid. We're gonna get you out of here. Okay?" Sidney only nodded, wiping her nose.

Tatum spoke in a hushed voice, hoping to distract Sidney.

"You think we can go now, Tate?" Bailey asked the girl who was now stood up next to her.

"Yeah." Tatum turned to look at her brother. "Hey, Dewey. Can we go now?" She gestured to Sidney, who had small tears in her eyes.

He pointed his finger at her. "Wait a second."

"Goddammit, Dewey!"

The older Riley sibling was now extremely embarrassed his younger sister was raising his voice at him. Almost everyone in the room, minus the three girls and the Sheriff, 'ooh'd' at the boy.

"Hey, what did mama tell 'ya?" His face was as red as a tomato. "When I wear this badge, you treat me like a man of the law."

"I'm sorry Deputy Dewey-boy, but we're ready to go!" The rest of the room was shocked as Tatum was now raising her voice even more. Grabbing her purse and Bailey's hand, Tatum pushed past Dewey with Sidney following close behind.

An amused Sheriff Burke informed the group to leave through the back, as there were many reporters blocking the front.

"Okay, let's go." Dewey grabbed onto Tatum's arm. "Come on." He grew annoyed as his sister removed his grip on her, slapping his hands away.

"Don't touch me."

"He's my superior, Tate!"

"Please, janitors are your superiors."

Bailey snorted as the siblings bickered, reminiscing the times she had joked with Tommy. Her smile faded, wishing he was there with her. "You okay, 'Bails?" Sidney looped her left arm with Bailey's right.

"Yeah. Yeah, let's just get you out of here."

Settling herself on the wall as the three waited for Dewey to get the car, Bailey heard the voice of the one and only, Gale Weathers. Silently rolling her eyes, Bailey cursed to herself.

"She's there. Sidney!"

Gale ran up to the two girls, not glancing away from Sidney even as Bailey approached. "Some night, huh?" Holding her microphone to Sidney's mouth, not caring about privacy or space. "What happened? Are you doing all right?"

Tatum pushed the microphone down. "She's not answering any questions all right. Leave us alone."

"No. Tatum, it's okay."

Bailey scrunched her eyebrows in confusion at Sidney's words.

"She's only doing her job. Right, Gale?" Sidney gave a false smile, walking closer to the reporter.

"Yes! Yes, that's right."

"So, how is the book?"

Tatum and Bailey shared a nervous look. They turned to look at the bright headlights of Dewey's squad car, to the crowds of news people, then back to Sidney and Gale.

"It's gonna be out later this year."

Sidney tried hard not to make a scene. "Wow, I'll look out for it." She turned around, having enough of the conversation.

Of course, Gale Weathers needed to start something. "Oh, don't worry I'll send you a copy."

In a swift moment, Sidney's fist connected with Gale's face. Before the reporter could fall to the ground, her cameraman was quick to catch her.

"Oh, shit." Bailey gasped, failing to hide her smirk.

Dewey ran up to the three, hastily grabbing Sidney's arm leading her and the other two to the car.