Part 2

Play

Lara pov

Me and my team entered one of the ruined buildings, from the looks of it it was an old fire department and a large on at that. Zoe Fugimoko was recording everything live to the public, and when we entered the building we were met with not just darkness but blood, old stained blood that was frozen all over the floor. My team and I were on high alert for anything.... Oddly enough the only thing that could be heard was our foot steps and the ever so icy howling wind but I then saw an fuse box on the wall to our right, it was behind what looked like a receptionist desk. I walked round the desk and over to the fuse box and surprised the only thing that was wrong with it was that it was just rusted on the outside but on the inside it was fine so I then flip the switch inside the fuse box and the power to the building came to life lighting up the darkness away.

3rd pov

Dasha: Well.... that's something, 5 years and the power of this place still works.

Dasha said as she looked around then back to me

Dasha: So what do we do now?

Lara: We look around and check for any possible traps and areas of the building that may not be stabled enough. The unstable areas we can reinforce them with support later.

Krystal: Sounds like a good idea, teams of two?

Krystal spoke as she went over to Loona as the tend to pair up a lot in teams of two.

Lara: *nods* Affirmative, just be careful, all that blood we saw.... truth be told, it's got me nervous a bit.

Lupa: I'll go with Lidia , we'll check the basement for anything. Let's go Lidia.

Lidia walks with her as they go to fine the basement entrance.

Lidia: Sure thing.

Dasha: Nika and I will go and check the second floor and then the roof.

Nika: The roof didn't look all that bad at first glance, so a landing pad up there is a good place.

Dasha and Nika then made there way up stairs as for Loona and Krystal they went on ahead to check the garage. Leaving Lara, Amethyst and Zoe in the lobby.

Amethyst: I guess we get to check this floor.

Lara: Guess so, come on.

Zoe who with her camera drone was getting it all on live feed to the public.

Zoe: Do you Think this place may be a suitable outpost?

Amethyst: Well it is large enough for almost two platoons from the looks of it so.... I would have to say yes.

Amethyst said as she opened one of the doors on the main floor, the room was a mid sized storage room that had what looked like can food and other types of preserved food that was meant to last for a long while. Lara walked over to one of the shelves and picked up one of the old can of food, she looked at it and it was a bit hard to read but she could make it out.

Lara: Baked beans.... hmm, I guess we can use this room for food storage once we clean it out.

Amethyst: But what about the radiation of this city?

Amethyst asked as she looked at Lara, and Lara looked back at her.

Lara: Well some years back, 3 years before the humans used those nukes the empress mother, Empress Olivia had her best and top scientific engineers to work on a device that acts like a protective dome barrier that completely blocks out radiation. That's what I've heard anyway....