𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝙸𝚜 𝙱𝚎𝚛𝚔

The light on the ship slowly dimmed with the sound of dragons flapping their wings. The waters crashing on the stones was all but a whisper. And all (Y/n) was thinking about was that stupid story, how did the story go again? The mermaid fell in love with a human prince? They sighed and blew her (h/c) out of her face and groaned as they passed over the waters.

"What'cha thinking about?" Lucan asked, strumming his lyre. His black wings cradled him, as his hair blew through the wind as if it was playing with it. "The story that Dad used to tell us." (Y/n) replied as she turned from the railing of the carrier, "How did it go again, tell me." Lucan looked at her and chuckled, as he played his lyre, "Why need to make new dreams for the walkers?" He asked, (Y/n) nodded and said,

"I have no creativity left, it's all just blank."

Then sighed, and covered her head with her big wing. Lucan looked at his younger sibling and laughed, "Come on Nyx," he started using her old nickname, "You're like full-on creative! You can think of anything and boom it's a dream or nightmare." He said, as he kept playing his lyre, the tune was so hypnotic, that (Y/n) couldn't place it. "Tell me what dream you had," Lucan said.

(Y/n) knew what that meant, don't speak just remember and hum.

Gods, if only life were that easy, but no. The gods just had to be difficult. It certainly wasn't (Y/n)'s fault that she was born with a quirk that allowed her, to travel through different types of areas. It certainly wasn't her or her brother's fault when their dad died. It was his idea to wage war against the walkers. And now the Chief of the Walkers hangs their father's wings on his wall, as Lucan would put it. (Y/n) took a deep breath, closed her eyes, and hummed. Her mind transition from random things like a lyric, to old jokes and random sounds. But came back to their senses, when they heard Lucan.

"Vikings up ahead, I need those calm sounds now." He said standing, (Y/n) nodded and stood up.

'Okay focus.' (Y/n) thought and raised out her hands, slowly moving them in circles, as she hummed a beautiful melody. A (f/c) mist-like aura surrounded her hands and flew out over the peaceful town. "Please stay quiet." They said, to Lucan, "Can't promise that." He said, and stood up, before grabbing his hook staff, and helmet. "Stay here and when the fury comes, fly up and help them hit those things." He said pointing to the towers.

"Okay." (Y/n) replied then said, "Don't die, you little shit."

Lucan smiled and hugged her, "Can't promise that." He said and jumped down, expanding his wings, and glided down alongside a Monstrous Nightmare, and a Deadly Nadder.

۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞

He was having such a nice dream, but he had a feeling in his gut that it was time to get up. He slowly opened his eyes and stretched. How was he going to start this story? he got dressed and opened his journal, and started writing,

"This is Berk. It's twelve days north of hopeless, and a few degrees south of freezing to death. It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery. My village. In a word, sturdy. It's been here for seven generations, but every single building is new. We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets. The only problems are the pests. You see most places have mice, or mosquitoes, we have..." He silently said, as he wrote, but heard something outside his house, he got up and took his journal with him. He opened the door to see a Monstrous Nightmare outside.

'Da-da-da, I'm dead!' He thought before slamming the door.

As the dragon breathed fire on his door. "....Dragons!" He said to himself then quickly opened the door, luckily the monstrous Nightmare was gone, and it left the fire to his home.

"Most people would leave. Not us. We're Vikings. We have, stubbornness issues."

He turned as his home went up in flames before running through the mayhem, Vikings were running up and down, telling him to get back inside. That was stupid, his home was up in flames, how could he go back inside. he went on back to his monologue,

"My name's Hiccup. Great name, I know. But it's not the worst. Parents believe a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls. Like our charming Viking demeanor wouldn't do that."

Though he was caught off-guard by one of the Vikings jumping and pinning him to the ground, yelling, "ARGH! Morning!" Before the Viking got up and kept running. He ran to the carts till he felt a tug on the back of his vest and was only to now be dangling from the hand of Stoick. "What are you?- What is he doing outside?!" He asked in a displeased, disappointed, and shocked tone. "Hiccup?! What is he doing out aga--?! What are you doing out?! Get inside!" He said. Before pushing him towards the shop.

"That's Stoick the Vast, chief of the tribe. They say that when he was a baby, he popped a dragon's head clean off of its shoulders. Do I believe it? Yes, I do."

A soldier named Starkard ran up to Stoick and Hiccup watched, as the Chief asked, "What have we got?"

"Gronckles, Nadders, Zipplebacks. Oh, and Hoark saw a Monstrous Nightmare." Starkard replied.

"Any Riders and Night Furies?"

"None so far."

Soon some burning embers landed on Stoick's shoulder. And he casually brushed it off. While replying, "Good."

Hiccup watched before his legs took him to the blacksmith shop where his boss was, the meathead with attitude, Gobber.

"Ah! Nice of you to join the party! I thought you'd been carried off!" He said in a joking manner.

Hiccup chuckled and replied "What, who me? Nah, come on! I'm waaaay too muscular for their taste. They wouldn't know what to do with all..." he gestured to his lanky frame, "....this."

Gobber tilted his head and nodded a bit, "Well, they need toothpicks, don't they?"

'The meat-head with attitude and interchangeable hands is Gobber. I've been his apprentice ever since I was little. Well... littler.' He went on with his monologue, god this story was gonna be good for his kin to read.

He could hear as another dragon, swooped down and set another house on fire. Then heard a Viking yell, "FIRE!" He peaked out the window, and heard a female voice say, "Alright, let's go!" He knew that voice, he watched as he saw a group of Viking teens, ran to the water pitcher to put out a house.

"Oh, and that's Fishlegs, Snotlout, the Twins, Ruffnut and Tuffnut, and... Astrid." A ball of flame came right in behind her and blew up the house.

Hiccup sighed dreamily, as she and the group passed him.

"Oh, their job is so much cooler."

Hiccup leaned out of the smithing window to get a better look. But Gobber lifted him up and back into the shop.

He had to make his mark.